Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #441
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

Yep I finally broke down and did it... MYSELF! I've never cut hair a day in my life, but I figured "How hard could it be?" And it really wasn't! It was easy. I just cut off the bottom layer and a little off the top layer. I wanted it to be a bob, but her bangs were just still too short, so in a couple months probably right before her birthday (in May) I'll cut it again and actually make it a bob this time and make it even with her bangs! But for now, Here's Avery's new hairstyle!

I ended up cutting a little more than that off. But altogether it was about 2" off!

Advertisement

HeatherM0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:33 PM   #442
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

Oh, great job on the haircut, Heather!
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:07 PM   #443
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks Rebekah!
Old 01-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #444
mom2phae
Registered Users
seller

That is a great job Heather!
I am mother to Phaedra 4 and Jaevin 8 months . ISO Cute WAHM stuff for Christmas gifts, a toy for DD to learn to write her ABC's, and you can try me on other items. IHA: check out my made by me beaded hairclips @ http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=729350 and books Going Bovine, and others @ http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=862082

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=1299821.
mom2phae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #445
Sakari
Registered Users

Heather! I love it! That is GREAT!!!! My mom always used to cut my hair and bangs. I've only been to a "real" hairdresser 5 times in my life! You did fabulous!

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #446
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks Sakari and mom2phae! I appreciate it!
I've only been a few times as well. My aunt was a hairdresser and she used to do my hair for free, but other than that I've only been to an actual salon I believe twice and once was to see my cousin and she cut my hair!

I do go a little more often to get my brows waxed, but even I haven't had a haircut in 1 1/2 yrs!
Old 01-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #447
Sakari
Registered Users

I should go to get my eyebrows done... But I never have and I'm afraid it will hurt!

How is everybody?? Any pics?!?! I have a few I should resize so I can post - I love them! DD got so many compliments tonight at the store - it was crazy. I don't think she's ever gotten that many... and the hairdo wasn't even as great as some have been! IMO. and it was starting to fall out!

Anyway, let see some pics mamas!! Pretty please?!

Old 01-18-2010, 10:07 PM   #448
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakari View Post
I should go to get my eyebrows done... But I never have and I'm afraid it will hurt!

How is everybody?? Any pics?!?! I have a few I should resize so I can post - I love them! DD got so many compliments tonight at the store - it was crazy. I don't think she's ever gotten that many... and the hairdo wasn't even as great as some have been! IMO. and it was starting to fall out!

Anyway, let see some pics mamas!! Pretty please?!
Hi mama!! It's been a while, huh?

Getting your eyebrows done is a bit painful, but worth it, IMO! The waxing is easy-peasy, but then they start plucking... yowza!

I have a few pics! Uploading now I finally tried ribbon
Old 01-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #449
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

First up, Em's first "ribbon do." It started as a star part, but the parts were all crooked, so I covered them with criss-crossing ribbon, and I loved it! We got a lot of compliments on this one. Thanks for the inspiration, Sakari!

And now a few for fun... Jacob has come to love Emily's hair. He tells me every morning, "mommy, I just love Emily's hair when it's pretty. Lets put some bows in!!" Here he is giving her a style makover, lol.

And here's one that Em came up with all on her own

Old 01-18-2010, 10:25 PM   #450
Sakari
Registered Users

REBEKAH!!! those are ADORABLE!! I absolutely love the ribbon, it looks fantastic! (and you're welcome - tho I don't know that I was that much help! ) and the fun ones are just TOO cute!! DSS has mentioned the girl's hair before and how he likes it, too I think that's so sweet of him to even notice!

hmmm, I may have to try the eyebrows someday...

Last edited by Sakari; 01-18-2010 at 10:28 PM.