Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #531
mom2phae
Registered Users
seller

Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

Hey everyone, been awhile since I checked in! Been busy with birthdays and I've been working on all three of my blogs as well as doing book group stuff online. I actually haven't really been doing DD's hair. I'm tired of fighting her and the baby getting into stuff (or trying to sneak up the stairs) while I do it. So I just put it up in a pony when we go out.
Love all the new pics!

Advertisement

I am mother to Phaedra 4 and Jaevin 8 months . ISO Cute WAHM stuff for Christmas gifts, a toy for DD to learn to write her ABC's, and you can try me on other items. IHA: check out my made by me beaded hairclips @ http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=729350 and books Going Bovine, and others @ http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=862082

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=1299821.
mom2phae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #532
CallysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

those are some cute pics :-) my DD has the same pacifier. We generally go for pig tails -- people seem to love them! My daughter's hair is poker straight in the front, no curls but they curl at the end in the back. Both hubby and I have straight hair so we think she got it from her grandmother. It's cute :-)

CallysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:00 PM   #533
msmellissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh how fun! I'll come back later and post!
Old 03-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #534
Sakari
Registered Users

Hey girls! Just thought I'd check in and see what we're up to! I have some pics I wanna get uploaded...now I just need the time to get them resized, etc.

Cally'sMommy - Your DD is SOOOO cute! I definitely LOVE the pigtails!

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #535
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Welcome, CallysMommy and Mellissa!

Sakari, can't wait to see new pics!
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #536
Sakari
Registered Users

DD wanted the clip, IDK! she likes yellow - maybe that's why?

These are French Knot braids. (at least that's what I call them ) Not french braids

and this one was sooo easy, but I loved it! I couldn't stop taking pictures of it all day. I don't know why!!! Oh, and later in the day I stuck a tiny flower (on a bobby pin) next to the bun, on the side. SO CUTE!

ok, now someone else join me posting pics so I'm not the only one!

Old 03-11-2010, 06:27 PM   #537
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

I haven't done Avery's hair in weeks.
We're trying to get this wedding planned, and Jon also has to take a residency in July so we're trying to save money and stressing over things. We also have a 20 Wk old St. Bernard puppy. She's keeping us plenty busy!!
I just haven't gotten around to doing her hair.
HeatherM0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:42 PM   #538
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Very very nice, Sakari!

I haven't tried anything French (twist, braids, etc) on Em in a while. Her hair may be long enough for it now. Perhaps I'll give that a whirl tomorrow!

Other than that, I've still been doing Emily's hair, but nothing new since Valentine's Day.

Heather, you look beautiful in your new avi! So exciting to hear about the wedding plans

Oh, and I got another bfp a few weeks ago... due in early November!
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #539
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok well I don't have a girl but I have a boy with long hair, does he count? For most of his life I was lucky if I could get him to let me brush his hair but lately he decided he wants to have some fun. He is really loving pig tails, especially when my brother's girlfriend is visiting (she wears her hair in pig tails and the boys love her).

here he is doing his school work with his hair pulled up. Just in the last 6 months or so he had me shave the under side of his hair for him. He originally came to me and told me he wanted his hair like James Hawkins from Treasure Planet so we did it. Now I keep it this way because like me his hair gets unruly and thick when it is long. But he is lucky, he inherited his grandma's long silky hair.

his James Hawkins look, complete with tail. I got really tired of the upkeep on the tail and he wanted to let the top grow out longer so the tail went.
iris0110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #540
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherM0529 View Post
I haven't done Avery's hair in weeks.
We're trying to get this wedding planned, and Jon also has to take a residency in July so we're trying to save money and stressing over things. We also have a 20 Wk old St. Bernard puppy. She's keeping us plenty busy!!
I just haven't gotten around to doing her hair.
oh you are sooooooo PRETTY!!!!! Do you guys have a date for the wedding yet?? Don't stress! trust me - it's soooo not worth it. I know it's impossible not to, but it's really all going to work out fine. And after all, the point is to get married, right? No doubt, that's gonna happen on that day! So who cares how the rest of it goes?? awww DH wants a dog, sooooo bad. But he wants a Great Dane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebekahG77 View Post
Very very nice, Sakari!

I haven't tried anything French (twist, braids, etc) on Em in a while. Her hair may be long enough for it now. Perhaps I'll give that a whirl tomorrow!

Other than that, I've still been doing Emily's hair, but nothing new since Valentine's Day.

Heather, you look beautiful in your new avi! So exciting to hear about the wedding plans

Oh, and I got another bfp a few weeks ago... due in early November!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Definitely post pics if you try something tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
Ok well I don't have a girl but I have a boy with long hair, does he count? For most of his life I was lucky if I could get him to let me brush his hair but lately he decided he wants to have some fun. He is really loving pig tails, especially when my brother's girlfriend is visiting (she wears her hair in pig tails and the boys love her).

here he is doing his school work with his hair pulled up. Just in the last 6 months or so he had me shave the under side of his hair for him. He originally came to me and told me he wanted his hair like James Hawkins from Treasure Planet so we did it. Now I keep it this way because like me his hair gets unruly and thick when it is long. But he is lucky, he inherited his grandma's long silky hair.

his James Hawkins look, complete with tail. I got really tired of the upkeep on the tail and he wanted to let the top grow out longer so the tail went.
He's such a doll! I love his hair! I would be so stumped if I had a boy with long hair. DSS's keeps getting buzzed so there's never really anything to do to it. But the girls' keep me busy, so that's probably for the best!

I'm so glad you posted!