Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #51
kammyb24's Avatar
kammyb24
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 5,339
My Mood:
Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

I love little pigtails!! Everyone has such cute girls
For everyone that says that their little girls take everything out of their hair, that is how my Josie was, too. Just keep at it and eventually they keep them in...I promise! I would always have to take clippies out of her hair when I put her in her car seat or else she'd rip them out and throw them and sometimes I had a hard time finding them, LOL.

Advertisement

__________________
Kammy, SAHM to: Lucas (1/23/04), Josie (7/12/06), and baby Curtis (6/20/08).
kammyb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #52
RebekahG77's Avatar
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 16,881
Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kammyb24 View Post
I love little pigtails!! Everyone has such cute girls
For everyone that says that their little girls take everything out of their hair, that is how my Josie was, too. Just keep at it and eventually they keep them in...I promise! I would always have to take clippies out of her hair when I put her in her car seat or else she'd rip them out and throw them and sometimes I had a hard time finding them, LOL.
Yes!! It was the same with my dd. It just took her some time, but now she WANTS them in her hair and won't take them out. She gets quite huffy when it's time to take them out, in fact
__________________
Rebekah ~Wife to my love, Mama to my two littles, Stepmom to one beautiful young woman~
Forever in my heart; Luisa Grace and her tiny siblings.
"In your children, you've been handed a piece of history in advance - a gracious gift you send to a time you will not see." ~Tim Kimmel
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #53
Squig'sMumMum's Avatar
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeastern USA
Posts: 4,959
Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

I won the war today I lost several battles along the way (trying to use bow clips on the sides, she pulled them out as soon as I took my hand away), but I used a single bow clip to sweep the sides of DD's hair back and pin it at the back of her head. Looked very cute and yet grownup. She left it alone for the most part, I only had to fix it 3 times throughout the day
I took pics, but can't upload them right now, I'll try to remember tomorrow ^_^ I may just buy a korker or two (or something!) for her Christmas stocking now
__________________
DH & I happily welcomed Squig March '08 and Hiccup March '12

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #54
SJH's Avatar
SJH
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 588
My Mood:
Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

Thank you for the link! Looking for ideas that DD will actually sit through lol!
__________________
Shauna married to my highschool sweetie mom to Carebear and Gabi
SJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:56 PM   #55
lindsayncadence's Avatar
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ohio
Posts: 2,714
My Mood:
Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

I never have time to upload pics it seems but I have been doing this everyday
__________________
:*Lindsay, proud mommy to Cadence Marie 10*05*04, Irie Elizabeth 04*09*09, Isis Nicole 06*08*11 and awaiting B4 sometime in June 2013
:*married to the love of my life Nick 10-31-08*:
lindsayncadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:11 PM   #56
RebekahG77's Avatar
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 16,881
Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squig'sMumMum View Post
I won the war today I lost several battles along the way (trying to use bow clips on the sides, she pulled them out as soon as I took my hand away), but I used a single bow clip to sweep the sides of DD's hair back and pin it at the back of her head. Looked very cute and yet grownup. She left it alone for the most part, I only had to fix it 3 times throughout the day
I took pics, but can't upload them right now, I'll try to remember tomorrow ^_^ I may just buy a korker or two (or something!) for her Christmas stocking now


Quote:
Originally Posted by SJH View Post
Thank you for the link! Looking for ideas that DD will actually sit through lol!
My Em loves foam letters, or anything with lots of pieces to play with while I'm doing her hair. Mr. Potato Head is a good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayncadence View Post
I never have time to upload pics it seems but I have been doing this everyday
Fun!! I hope you have a chance to post pics. I would love to see!
__________________
Rebekah ~Wife to my love, Mama to my two littles, Stepmom to one beautiful young woman~
Forever in my heart; Luisa Grace and her tiny siblings.
"In your children, you've been handed a piece of history in advance - a gracious gift you send to a time you will not see." ~Tim Kimmel
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:33 PM   #57
princemelissas
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In the southern heat
Posts: 12,515
My Mood:
Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

This is a super cute thread!
I remember dealing with this when my DD was a baby. She still has super fine hair but has LOTS of it. It won't hold a headband or a clip and I can get a ponytail holder in it but at the age of 6 she has completely figured out how to get them out. LOL.
I'll try and do something with her hair tomorrow and post it.
__________________
Melissa
Madly in love with DH, Jay homeschooling mom to my loves; Maya, Corbin, Damin, Isak, and Avery
At the end of the day I just try and make the best decisions for my family, what you think about them means nothing to me
princemelissas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #58
jmred's Avatar
jmred
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Prospect, Kentucky
Posts: 1,156
My Mood:
Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

Hi girls! Just stopping by to post some pics of how I did Ella's hair today! I decided I really wanted to try those little mini buns that were posted earlier in the thread, so that is what I did! Or at least attempted to do anyways! I just put the mini buns on the top part and left the back part of her hair down. DH and I also cut her bangs the other day, because they kept getting in her eyes! I have to laugh at these pictures because she was just NOT happy that I was doing her hair! lol! Check out her face in the first pic!


__________________
Jamie, SAHM to Caroline (11/1999),Cameron (10/2001),andElla (01/2007), and loving wife toJason*SWAGBUCKS-Come and earn some swagbucks with me!!-http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=354653
jmred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:39 PM   #59
RebekahG77's Avatar
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 16,881
Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmred View Post
Hi girls! Just stopping by to post some pics of how I did Ella's hair today! I decided I really wanted to try those little mini buns that were posted earlier in the thread, so that is what I did! Or at least attempted to do anyways! I just put the mini buns on the top part and left the back part of her hair down. DH and I also cut her bangs the other day, because they kept getting in her eyes! I have to laugh at these pictures because she was just NOT happy that I was doing her hair! lol! Check out her face in the first pic!


Jamie, it looks great!!! I giggled when I saw that sad face. That's how my niece used to be. She would cry if you even glanced in her general direction with a comb in hand, lol
__________________
Rebekah ~Wife to my love, Mama to my two littles, Stepmom to one beautiful young woman~
Forever in my heart; Luisa Grace and her tiny siblings.
"In your children, you've been handed a piece of history in advance - a gracious gift you send to a time you will not see." ~Tim Kimmel
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:57 AM   #60
SJH's Avatar
SJH
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 588
My Mood:
Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

We don't have a Mr Potato head. I think tomorrow I will try an episode of her favorite tv show.

I am hair challenged so I am having a hard time finding a hairstyle I can do. I can braid but not french braids or anything like it. I can't do anything with a curling iron I don't have one. No straightener either.
__________________
Shauna married to my highschool sweetie mom to Carebear and Gabi
SJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.