Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #51
kammyb24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

I love little pigtails!! Everyone has such cute girls
For everyone that says that their little girls take everything out of their hair, that is how my Josie was, too. Just keep at it and eventually they keep them in...I promise! I would always have to take clippies out of her hair when I put her in her car seat or else she'd rip them out and throw them and sometimes I had a hard time finding them, LOL.

Advertisement

Old 10-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #52
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kammyb24 View Post
I love little pigtails!! Everyone has such cute girls
For everyone that says that their little girls take everything out of their hair, that is how my Josie was, too. Just keep at it and eventually they keep them in...I promise! I would always have to take clippies out of her hair when I put her in her car seat or else she'd rip them out and throw them and sometimes I had a hard time finding them, LOL.
Yes!! It was the same with my dd. It just took her some time, but now she WANTS them in her hair and won't take them out. She gets quite huffy when it's time to take them out, in fact
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #53
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

I won the war today I lost several battles along the way (trying to use bow clips on the sides, she pulled them out as soon as I took my hand away), but I used a single bow clip to sweep the sides of DD's hair back and pin it at the back of her head. Looked very cute and yet grownup. She left it alone for the most part, I only had to fix it 3 times throughout the day
I took pics, but can't upload them right now, I'll try to remember tomorrow ^_^ I may just buy a korker or two (or something!) for her Christmas stocking now

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #54
SJH
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thank you for the link! Looking for ideas that DD will actually sit through lol!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:56 PM   #55
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never have time to upload pics it seems but I have been doing this everyday
Old 10-21-2009, 09:11 PM   #56
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squig'sMumMum View Post
I won the war today I lost several battles along the way (trying to use bow clips on the sides, she pulled them out as soon as I took my hand away), but I used a single bow clip to sweep the sides of DD's hair back and pin it at the back of her head. Looked very cute and yet grownup. She left it alone for the most part, I only had to fix it 3 times throughout the day
I took pics, but can't upload them right now, I'll try to remember tomorrow ^_^ I may just buy a korker or two (or something!) for her Christmas stocking now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJH View Post
Thank you for the link! Looking for ideas that DD will actually sit through lol!
My Em loves foam letters, or anything with lots of pieces to play with while I'm doing her hair. Mr. Potato Head is a good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayncadence View Post
I never have time to upload pics it seems but I have been doing this everyday
Fun!! I hope you have a chance to post pics. I would love to see!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:33 PM   #57
princemelissas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is a super cute thread!
I remember dealing with this when my DD was a baby. She still has super fine hair but has LOTS of it. It won't hold a headband or a clip and I can get a ponytail holder in it but at the age of 6 she has completely figured out how to get them out. LOL.
I'll try and do something with her hair tomorrow and post it.
princemelissas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #58
jmred
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi girls! Just stopping by to post some pics of how I did Ella's hair today! I decided I really wanted to try those little mini buns that were posted earlier in the thread, so that is what I did! Or at least attempted to do anyways! I just put the mini buns on the top part and left the back part of her hair down. DH and I also cut her bangs the other day, because they kept getting in her eyes! I have to laugh at these pictures because she was just NOT happy that I was doing her hair! lol! Check out her face in the first pic!

Old 10-21-2009, 10:39 PM   #59
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmred View Post
Hi girls! Just stopping by to post some pics of how I did Ella's hair today! I decided I really wanted to try those little mini buns that were posted earlier in the thread, so that is what I did! Or at least attempted to do anyways! I just put the mini buns on the top part and left the back part of her hair down. DH and I also cut her bangs the other day, because they kept getting in her eyes! I have to laugh at these pictures because she was just NOT happy that I was doing her hair! lol! Check out her face in the first pic!

Jamie, it looks great!!! I giggled when I saw that sad face. That's how my niece used to be. She would cry if you even glanced in her general direction with a comb in hand, lol
Old 10-22-2009, 12:57 AM   #60
SJH
Registered Users

My Mood:

We don't have a Mr Potato head. I think tomorrow I will try an episode of her favorite tv show.

I am hair challenged so I am having a hard time finding a hairstyle I can do. I can braid but not french braids or anything like it. I can't do anything with a curling iron I don't have one. No straightener either.