Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
When to add more?

DH and I know we want at least 1 more baby. We currently have 2 DD's ages: 6 years and 4 months. Just trying to figure out if we want to try before our youngest DD is a year old or a little after. I want them closer in age like my sister and I are. DH just says it'll happen when it does...So my question is: What do you think a good age separation is? I know someone's got to have an opinion on it

kmbrlyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:40 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: When to add more?

I think that its just a person to person basis.

My children are widely spaced due to the fact I was 18 when I had my first DD. I wanted to complete college before having more.
Our spacing is 5 years and 4 years.
Shop Stella Grace...HyenaCart ... Etsy ...and I FACEBOOK too!
karaintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:58 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

My DD's are 1yr apart and they are very close. Even as little as they are they love each other.

Our next is going to be spaced a bit more but that is for Mommy's sanity
Jules: Fitness instructor and Navy Wife to Aaron (9/10/05) . SAHM to Three Littles!
Regan (11/8/07), Tamsyn (11/20/08), and Elliot(4/20/11).
Julesboch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:41 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I was wondering the same thing. My husband thinks kids should be 2 years or less apart (that's what him and his brother are). I was 2.5 years older than my brother and 5 years older than my other brother. I got along with the youngest brother best. It's probably a case by case basis. We started trying for our 2nd so they would be 2 years apart but it hasn't happened yet so hopefully by 3 years apart.
scrappyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:39 AM   #5
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
My Mood:

I agree that it all depends on you and what you think is best. Our first 2 children are almost exactly 3 years apart and the next 2 are also almost exactly 3 years apart. We are due with #4 just 2 weeks after our youngest daughters 2nd birthday. A little closer than we'd liked, but I think its going to be just fine. I think 2-3 years is a good age gap, myself, but thats just me. My SIL has her children 5 years apart and although the girls get along great, there is a large age gap there.
Stacy wife to Chad
Mommy to 4 blessings
Our baby Sprout grew wings 11/19/14
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:46 AM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

I think it depends on the experience that you want your children to have too.

My brother and I are 23m apart, and now we're very close. In high school we even hung around the same crowd because we were in the same activities. DH and his sister are 4 years apart, and they were in the same activities too, and they don't even like each other all that much.

They say that if your children are 4-5 years apart, it's more like having an only child (or several only children *shudder*).

My oldest 2 are 3 years apart, and the middle and youngest are 4 years apart (not by choice). We're TTC right now, and if we conceived this cycle, the youngest and the newbie would be 20m. I personally would like 2-3 years apart.
Jen, wife of Tom; Mom to Dominic (13), Xander (9),Felix (5), Milo (3), and Bram (1.5)!
Proud surro-mom to Jamie and Jasmine (6)!
supergirljennie is offline   Reply With Quote