Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
horsewildfire
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
OH my golly gee!! What a mess, tips on weaning please!!

I just had my surrogate baby on September 28 and am pumping for him every two hours around the clock to keep my supply up and running for this little guy. They have over 500 oz in there freezer already and I am pumping 55-65 oz a day. I got the call of my life time today. They no longer want the breast milk I worked so hard to get this going and they dont want the milk and they have over 500 oz of the milk just sitting in there freezer. I guess they dont want it because it gives the baby runny poo????? I told them this is normal and they don't belive me. So not I must wean my boobs and find a home NOW for all this milk. I will NOT dump it. I told them I would drink it with my kids before they or I dump it. Anyone have any suggestions to wean your self from the pump. 60 oz is alot of milk a day to just stop pumping. I am trying to find a good home currently though the milk share program. I just need advice please if any on how to stop pumping without all the pain. Thanks mama's. This hurts me so bad I worked so hard on getting this milk

Advertisement

horsewildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: OH my golly gee!! What a mess, tips on weaning please!!

Some people are SO uneducated. I'm so sorry No advice though.
todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
MommaRhi
Registered Users
Co-Op Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

i pumped for my surrobaby as well. About every 1.5 hrs. 1st pumpings I dropped was nightly. I just stopped waking 2 pump. Then 1 during the day, then spacing out pumpings to not pumping so often.

from experience, the runny poop thing is probably just an excuse. My couple was afraid of the breastmilk making me bond to her more. I nursed her in the hospital and pumped. Then they told me no, then yes. I finally said forget it. Then my milk came in and i asked again, and they said yes to pumping!

I had my surro baby 5-28-08!
Old 10-21-2009, 07:24 AM   #4
MomE2MathU
Registered Users
seller

Try spacing out the pumping sessions and then drop one at a time. When I had to wean DS from breastmilk (for medical reasons) that's how I did it and I never had engorgement.
MomE2MathU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #5
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i'm ss mama. that's sad that the parents don't want it anymore. i would wean slowly. maybe check out milkshare to meet up with a baby who REALLY needs the milk? there's a lot of need out there, and as you're weaning down from pumping you could provide that milk to a baby who needs it. GL
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #6
jtk721
Registered Users

When I've weaned from the pump I have tried the spacing out - and that's good to a point, but I found decreasing time pumped was more effective. Initially I would space it out to every 3 hours, then after a few days of that start decreasing your time til you get to like 5 minutes...a couple days later space out the time again... then down to 3 minutes....etc etc etc
jtk721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #7
horsewildfire
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk721 View Post
When I've weaned from the pump I have tried the spacing out - and that's good to a point, but I found decreasing time pumped was more effective. Initially I would space it out to every 3 hours, then after a few days of that start decreasing your time til you get to like 5 minutes...a couple days later space out the time again... then down to 3 minutes....etc etc etc
Thanks for your input this is actually what I have started to do and it works great so far
horsewildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #8
Katie&Owen'sMom
Registered Users

How sad that they would choose to FF (I assume?) when they have such a great mama like you willing to provide their child with liquid gold.

As for what to do with all that milk while weaning from the pump-I would definitely give it your kids. With all the flus & colds going around right now-couldn't hurt to give their immune systems a little boost.
Katie&Owen'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote