Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
sjh100
Registered Users
seller

Timing DTD around O

So, I'm sure this has been asked many times, but I'd love some real world application. So some say DTD every other day, some say every day, and other iterations, but say you've been DTD every other day (say Tuesday, then Thurs, etc.) but then you realize you will ovulate on a day that does not coincide with the every other day situation (say Friday), do you DTD on that Friday, even though you just did on Thursday?

And for that matter, do you do it again on Saturday just for good measure?

I apologize for the lameness of this question, but this TTC stuff is just wearing me out and I need to have a more efficient plan (emotionally and physically). [Background: I went for an U/S to monitor my cycle and am told I will O before Saturday, BUT I don't use the OPKs, so just looking for a plan of attack.]

Thanks for your wisdom and help!

Advertisement

sjh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Timing DTD around O

I don't post here regularly in this forum, but thought I could answer this one. Sperm can live for up to 3 days so I wouldn't be overly concerned with hitting it right on the date unless it falls into your "schedule." When we were trying for #2, thats what we did, every other day for an entire week. I would do it the day after as well, just to make sure you caught it. Maybe some other more experienced mamas have some better information for you.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
Chrijodo
Registered Users
Formerly: RiverDrakesMomma
seller

My Mood:

I agree with Stacy and I'll also say that generally speaking, the best way to give yourself the best odds of conceiving are to have sex as often as possible inside your fertile window. So if they said you'll ovulate by Saturday. I'd be having sex every chance I got between now and then
Chrijodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:54 AM   #4
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I second what Cheli said. I would dtd as much as possible between now and then. Everyother day is usually because you don't know when you are oing.