Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2007, 12:19 PM   #1
blessed with boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My dh hate all the names on my list...

We're still trying to name this little girl. My dh is making fun of all my names, yet he doesnt want to look through the name books or web sites with me! Ugh, men!
I have all sorts of names on my list now...common/trendy names, some really pretty uncommon names...its not like he doesnt have choices here.

Advertisement

blessed with boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
LambyPants
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My dh hate all the names on my list...

DH did the same with my youngest. He said all the names I picked out were "wierd". So, I turned the computer over to him and told him to name him. He picked "Apollo Gryphon"...go figure!!
Old 01-16-2007, 12:32 PM   #3
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

My DH did that last time. So I told him that this time he either works with me or I name the kiddo what I want. I'm the one that fills out the birth certificate at the hospital, so he better not mess with me.

He's been a lot more cooperative this time.
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:44 PM   #4
blessed with boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thats funny...I'm going to tell dh today he needs to come up with a few names...
He only likes Genny, from harry potter lol.

You should have seen his face when I asked him about the names Rowan and Sorrell.
blessed with boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:29 PM   #5
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

those sound along the lines of mythical stuff?? i hear those a lot in the fantasy world...

anyway, yeah thomas couldnt pick ( i knew his mn, i just wanted help picking a first name) and finally i was like "im naming him what i want to, im the one thats got to sign it" lol
his name wasnt thomass first choice but well...i wasnt naming him after a clown, sorry (and no i dont mean bozo or something LOL its recording clowns )
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:49 PM   #6
debbidala
Registered Users
seller

I love Rowan and Sorrell! Not that you're asking for more names, but I finally got my girl and I have a bunch of names I LOVE leftover! Here were our finalists (we ended up going w/Sabrina):

Clementine
Harper
Tabitha (everyone asked if we had a witch thing lol)
Vivian

Ha, I just asked dh to help me remember some, and he's making fun of some of my choices that were NOT finalists (a year after we settled on the twins' names!). Silly man!

Good luck and congratulations on your girl!
Old 01-16-2007, 07:14 PM   #7
reborin
Registered Users

My Mood:

Aah - my dh pulled this too. 2 freaking weeks AFTER The baby was born, we were nameless, and he's busy nixing the names on my list. Well, tbh I didn't like his name choices much either. I had Jorian on my list, and it ended up being Orin for our little one. Sometimes things just have a way of working out. Don't stress too much sistah! You might even have to meet this little one before you'll know...
Old 01-16-2007, 07:21 PM   #8
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been there. My husband and I barely found common ground when it came to naming DD. And whenever we have a baby next, I know we will disagree. He likes really funky/trendy names...and I like the more classic ones. He wanted to name DD HARLEY. EEEK!

Why dont you each write down 2 or 3 names, and toss them in a bowl. Pull one, and that will be your choice! Beyond that, I dont have much in the way of suggestions. GOOD LUCK!
Old 01-16-2007, 07:33 PM   #9
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dh and take a long time to pick names for our kids...however we both HAVE to be ok with the entire name choice...which sucks for me cause I'm much more adventerous than Dh but oh well. I end up loving out DC's names and can't imagine them anything else.

I have all DD's. First was picked as soon as we knew it was a girl...Dh picked MN and I picked FN...DD 2 was picked at like 37 weeks and we both just agreed on both FN and MN...DD 3 was picked somewhere in the 30 week mark and DH picked FN and I picked MN...who the heck knows what we'lld o when DD number 4 comes along...

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote