Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2006, 04:53 AM   #11
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sorry, I know this has been covered....

I introduced solids when my breastfed baby was 6 months old, but he hated them. We kept trying every few weeks, but it wasn't until he was 10.5 months old that he finally ate them.

Advertisement

Old 05-27-2006, 08:19 AM   #12
HeidiMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With dd #1, I started at around 6 mos. I then realized how much easier it was to just nurse and not deal with solids at that age. So, I think we started at maybe 11 months with the next two and around 9 months with #4. Breastmilk is such complete nutrition..I figure why substitute somthing inferior for somthing FAR suprerior!! Also, I'm a little lazy! Our family doc recommends exclusive breastfeeding for one year. He's also pro co-sleeping and said that if he had to do it over, he wouldn't circ his sons Enough for me!
Old 05-29-2006, 04:43 AM   #13
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both of my DC are ff (though I so wish I could have bf longer than 2 weeks) With my DS, I started him at 4 1/2 months with solids and he did great.

With my DD, I was waiting to see some cues from her. She sits at the dinner table with us for all of our meals and at 4 months she started to reach out of stuff and would mimick us eating and chewing (it was so cute to watch) so I started her with some baby food and she has been doing great She gets rather upset if we are eating and she is not even if we just give her a bottle at the table, it keeps her content
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote