Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2009, 07:29 PM   #11
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Shoes for a toddler?

I highly rec. Robeez Tredz. They are soft and flexible but have traction. Sadly my daughter just grew out of the last size.

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2009, 07:42 PM   #12
fouradss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use a combination of shoes. My DS is 18mo old and will usually bring me his RileyRoos or his sneakers. He doesn't seem to care either way. I like the Roos only because he doesn't seem to trip as often in them.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:42 PM   #13
Len27
Registered Users
seller

DD just turned one- she spends most of her time in either robeez or jack and lily soft soled shoes. She does have some flexible soled shoes as well (the kid has more shoes than I do) like pedipeds etc. but we always default back to the soft soled ones. I do have the Robeez mini shoez for her in her next size when she will hopefully be walking more- the mini shoez are a bit less clunky than the tredz are- lighter and a bit more flexible for new walkers.
Len27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:15 PM   #14
Sakari
Registered Users

What do you all recommend for going outside in winter on a very active 15mo?? (sorry if this is hyjacking! But I thought it was related...)

We used robeez and See Kai Run... but now that it's winter....??? I bought some cheapo walmart boots. and bring soft soles to change into when we get indoors.

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #15
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just bought our boy some leather high topped boots from Livie & Luca. Same flexible rubber sole hand stitched to a leather upper. We got "Hoots Boots" in size 8 for our almost 2yo. They aren't as tall as snow boots, but they are higher than shoes. It doesn't snow often here in the winter, so hiking boot hight is perfect. Love 'em!
Old 10-25-2009, 11:10 PM   #16
ammcmaho
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

flexible soles are here - we started around 14 months with any shoes other than a pair of smaller by SKR, that we got around 10 months
Paying for two in child care? An au pair may be cheaper! Great for families who need flexibility!
ammcmaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #17
ttmomma
Registered Users
Formerly: ree**23
seller

My Mood:

bumping this up for some more suggestions...personally, I love Robeez Tredz, wee squeaks, puddle jumpers. Haven't tried See Kai Run yet though.

I just got 2 pairs off of a hyenacart shop called A Squeaky Foot, any opinions on these? They are supposed to be very similar to wee squeaks but less expensive. They look adorable and well made, hope they are!

Today I picked up 2 pairs of Wee Squeaks from a local boutique that I never shopped in thinking it was out of my price range, but 60% off so couldn't pass that up. Both pairs for $37.

Oh, another good brand to check out is Minibel, from France. They are hard to find at inexpensive price but they are adorable & well made & will last forever. I have a pair of sandals that are 3 sizes too big but we're saving for DS, got them new in a consignment store for $12, they retail new for $76. I love a good bargain!

Recovering CD addict & momma to DS, who refuses to wear CD's no matter how fluffy
ttmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:06 AM   #18
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'd stick with soft soled for a 1 year old. Although I like See Kai Run for outdoors/rough playing since they have rubber soles but still super flexible. My favorite soft soles are Pedipeds and Robeez.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:01 AM   #19
lookatreestar
Registered Users

we love bobux. at a year my dd was still in the soft soles, but now at 2.5 she is in the "i-walk" shoes, that are harder soles, but still flexible. love them!!

lookatreestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:24 AM   #20
hkristine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had to buy DD hard sole shoes the other for her days in day care and I found stride rites to be too heavy for her she could barely take a step without falling down! I noticed that most hard sole shoes are about 4 oz and that's a lot compared to soft sole like pedipeds at 1oz.

I did find some super light one's out in town, but they were Japanese made and they are just as light as her pedipeds and robeez she wore them out today with no problems

here's the one I just got

Last edited by hkristine; 12-13-2009 at 06:37 AM.
hkristine is offline   Reply With Quote