Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #1
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:
Stomach bug & nursing?

Well, I'm already kicking myself for taking DS to his WBV yesterday. I don't believe in WBV, but DH does, so I indulge him. Well, DS hardly slept last night, and today he's been throwing up. He hasn't been around ANYBODY who is sick...hasn't been anywhere at all really. So the only place he could've picked it up was the doctor's office. Anyway...apparently I've caught it, too (even though this is my second time with the stupid thing). I can almost deal with the nausea, but then DS wants to nurse. Every time he start to nurse I feel like I'm going to throw up. So I have to hand him off to DH and go sit by the toilet for awhile. I've never been able to pump, so I don't have any BM DH could give him in a bottle, and this morning (before we knew he was sick), DH kept him while I went to my step-mom's ultrasound, and he threw up the most after having formula (but so far hasn't thrown up my BM but once). So what can I do? Am I just going to have to "get over it"? Stick a bucket beside me and just get sick into that WHILE feeding DS? Has anybody else had a stomach bug where nursing makes it worse? TIA.

Advertisement

KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:16 PM   #2
HeidiMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stomach bug & nursing?

**nak** Luckily, so far, I've not had to deal with that. Just wanted to offer some hugs and wishes that you'll soon feel better! Four of my kids had that all last week and so far, DH and I haven't gotten it (crossing fingers!) Hang in there, mama!
Old 01-16-2007, 06:18 PM   #3
Termie
Registered Users
seller

I'm dealing with a digestive bug today only it's fleeing from the opposite end. And nursing seems to make the cramping worse. Luckily dh was home today so he entertained ds inbetween sides while I went and donated to the porcelain goddess.

I hope yours passes quickly!!
Old 01-17-2007, 10:51 AM   #4
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thankfully we both seem to feel much better this morning. It was just unbareable last night. I tried to get DH to give DS some pedialyte, but he threw up everything except breastmilk all day yesterday. At least we're over it now. Phew. Don't know if I could've delt with that much longer.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:15 AM   #5
mommy21princess
Registered Users
seller

Yep, I did have the stomach bug when Kaytlynn was about 3 months old. It SUCKED!! I had a trash can right beside the bed where I nursed her for about four days straight. I hope you get better. Remember the more bm he gets the more hlep he's getting for his bug. You know you're making little antibodies to help rid your body from the bug and those are being passed through your milk to him so Iwould DEF try to nurse as much and often as possible. I know it's tough but hang in there. ((hugs)) to you both. I hope you feel better ASAP!!
mommy21princess is offline   Reply With Quote