Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #11
mlb1545
Registered Users

Re: Anyone in Germany Switzerland or Austria?

Hallo Tiffany! My name is Kacie and I am only five minutes away in Weiler. That is so exciting to me. My husband and I are both americans he is here going to a language school and from there we will se what we do stay here or move around or whatever. We will at least be here a year though. That would be nice to meet for lunch sometime. I will try to look you up sometime and if that doesn't work I will pm you sometime. Things are hectic still trying to settle in but hopefully soon. I have a 3 1/2 yr old girl and a 8 month old boy. It is exciting to have someone so close. Well Aufwiederhören!

Advertisement

mlb1545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #12
HadassahSukkot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm in Hessen, and have seen cloth diapers on ebay, through Lotties, Blümenkinder, Windelparadies, and my DH for some reason bookmarked this site as a possible source.

HadassahSukkot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:13 AM   #13
Isafold
Registered Users

Thumbs up Re: Anyone in Germany Switzerland or Austria?

Hello Mlb 1545:-)

Are you still online?

I am new here on Diaper Swappers and just found your entry. We are living in Friedrichshafen and also a passionate Cloth Diapering Family.
Maybe we could meet us sometimes, this would be fun, I think-also for the kids:-)

Have a nice easter and we are looking forward to your reply!

Katja, Jelena, Aaron and Marcel
Isafold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:18 AM   #14
fridasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hallo mamas!!

Wondering if there are any diaper swappin' mamas in Berlin? My family and I are here for the next couple of months and I would love some tips about where to buy cloth diapers (my son is outgrowing his prefolds, and quickly -- we need to buy a bigger size, but i'm not sure where to look...). Of course it would also be nice to meet up with other mamas & babes, so post here or PM me if you're out there and interested!
Opera-singin, coffee-lovin, wrap-addicted, wool-obsessed crunchy city mama to HB'd, tandem-BF'd F 10/07, S 10/09 & E 3/12 all intact. Wife to opera-singin DH, who's always looking out for our next family adventure...
fridasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:49 AM   #15
AundAPenner
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey there Caprice! I'm over by Münster (not close at all to you) but am enjoying living here with my family.

I personally have some items FSOT that I had previously listed over at naturwindeln.de - there is a good flohmarkt (flea market) over there but you have to know german.

What size PFs are you in need of? any need for fitteds or wool? (I have used PFs and fitteds, with wool, with my daughter and only PFs for my toddler boy (I didn't start CDing him until he was a toddler)).

There are also quite a few online CD stores and I "think" there might be one or two brick and mortar stores out in Berlin but I am not sure.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:56 AM   #16
fridasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AundAPenner View Post
Hey there Caprice! I'm over by Münster (not close at all to you) but am enjoying living here with my family.

I personally have some items FSOT that I had previously listed over at naturwindeln.de - there is a good flohmarkt (flea market) over there but you have to know german.

What size PFs are you in need of? any need for fitteds or wool? (I have used PFs and fitteds, with wool, with my daughter and only PFs for my toddler boy (I didn't start CDing him until he was a toddler)).

There are also quite a few online CD stores and I "think" there might be one or two brick and mortar stores out in Berlin but I am not sure.
hi mama! thanks for the tip about naturwindeln -- i'll take a peek. i actually read and write german fairly well tho my conversation skills are fairly basic (aber mein Mann ist total zweisprachig, Gott sei dank! ).

as for our needs -- i've never really given fitteds a try tho i can't say i'm not curious ...my DS is currently in/outgrowing GMD reds, and tho my DD is PL'ing and doesn't really need her toddler PFs anymore, they're still just a smidge too large for DS (well, we *do* pack him a big huge cloth booty at night, which the toddler PF is handy for ). so i think he needs GMD brown edges or equivalent?

oh and wool.....teehee....i LOVE wool, but i've been on a buying spree of late and should prob take a break...
Opera-singin, coffee-lovin, wrap-addicted, wool-obsessed crunchy city mama to HB'd, tandem-BF'd F 10/07, S 10/09 & E 3/12 all intact. Wife to opera-singin DH, who's always looking out for our next family adventure...
fridasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:28 PM   #17
niadara
Registered Users
seller

Sorry to hijack (I'm a German living in Wyoming), but I have heard good things about Popolini diapers. They have their own online store and people sell them used on ebay.de as well....
My friend bought some eBay Coolababy diapers after I recommended them since they ship for free to Germany as well...
My sisters and all other friends use Pampers, it seems to be a small market still.
niadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #18
AundAPenner
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just bought some popolini prefolds and have to say that I like them better than the Little Lions but not as much as my GMDs. But they fit well enough (would like them ideally .5" wider) and absorb LOTS!
Old 11-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #19
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

Well I am sure you find your dipes by now. But I am also in Germany. Living here since 2008 origionally from the states.

I have gotten some popolini disana, and lotties, great luck on ebay. I will have to check out the other brands mentioned.

I might pop back later with some questions I just wanted to say hi.

And if anyone likes chatting with other expats, or even any european mammas who like to chat let me know
Old 02-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #20
Anakinre
Registered Users

Hi fridasmom!
Are you still in Berlin and looking for a place to buy diapers?
I agree with the rest of the recommendations here, I´ve also been to a really nice store in the middle of Berlin with a huge selection of cloth diapers!
If you´re interested let me know
Anakinre is offline   Reply With Quote