Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2006, 01:35 PM   #1
ercvt
Registered Users

My Mood:
Foofy things :)

I am in need of something "foofy" for my nieces birthday on the 24th. She loves swirly skirts and capes and princessy things. BUT I can't get it this week. Any wahms out there wanna hold somethin for me for next week?
Spam me with wahms that make "foofy" girl stuff!!!

Advertisement

Old 06-02-2006, 10:10 PM   #2
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Foofy things :)

Hoe old is your niece?
Old 06-02-2006, 10:12 PM   #3
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

does she wear cloth?
Old 06-03-2006, 08:29 AM   #4
ercvt
Registered Users

My Mood:

duh. she will be 2, and does wear cloth Trying to PL.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #5
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How about a tutu? http://cgi.ebay.com/THEchicks-Custom...QQcmdZViewItem with a fairy wand? Cute ballet-print training pants for under the tutu?

Playsilks seem to be popular for dress-up/imaginitive play. There's some crazy-inexpensive ones here:
http://www.thefairyswhim.com/Playsilks.html
Old 06-03-2006, 04:58 PM   #6
ercvt
Registered Users

My Mood:

Awesome Thanks!
Old 06-03-2006, 05:10 PM   #7
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I don't know if it counts as "foofy"... but when I worked at a daycare center, one day we made capes for all of the kiddos. We did it VERY simply by just using a material we knew wouldn't shred.. or just using pinking shears and then sewed ribbons on and then pretied the ribbons to go over their heads (they weren't allowed to tie the ribbons themselves). It may be something too young for a 2 year old (we had mostly 3-4 year olds)... but the concept MIGHT work with a little brain power! The kids LOVED being super heros and feeling the capes behind them as they ran.

Another idea is to get some really girly ribbons (LOOOONG ribbons) and make something like a ribbon dancer would use in the Olymbics. Just attach the ribbons to a pretty painted stick so she can swoosh it this way and that.

One of the girls I used to babysit would always "nest" around 2 years old. She would go into one room, take all of the little blocks and put them in a BIG old purse they had for dress up. Then, she could take her purse and go into the living room and unload her goodies...just to load them back up again and go to another room. Maybe some fun thrift store purses with her own little safe "jewels" like those link-together plastic things or blocks? Plus you could always dress up a crummy ol' purse no longer in use with glitter paints and ribbons... oooooh.

Just some ideas off the top of my head.. I haven't worked out the mechanics on anything Good luck!

Last edited by Manna00; 06-03-2006 at 05:13 PM.
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:57 PM   #8
ercvt
Registered Users

My Mood:

great ideas!!!!!! thanks!!!