Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Gerber Nuk anyone?

I was just curious if any of your babies liked the gerber NUK bottle? It supposedly supports BFing. I'd tried Dr browns, Playtex nurser and something else but they were all flowing too fast for him even on the slow flow.

I bought the gerber nuk to try since it was local and I could try it quickly. He did GREAT with it. He actually eats a lot slower now and has a great latch with the bottle.

I wanted to try breastflow and or adiri, but this was my first try before trying those and I think I'll just stick with it. They are bpa free too.

http://www.gerber.com/Products/NUK_W...s_Nipples.aspx

Advertisement

Old 10-29-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
Bee Green Naturals
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gerber Nuk anyone?

Hey Lisa - good to know those worked for you. Did he take a nuk paci before trying the bottle? Or any other paci?
I did a thread on here when preggo about the best bottles when nursing cause my kiddos never take one. Well this baby seems to be the same and won't take any of the recommended ones. I tried to do a paci last night to get het used to that first but she just threw up all over the place after gagging on it.

I might go grab your lind though as it's not one of the 4 I have tried.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
ammcmaho
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

personally i'm not a fan of gerber as a "for bfing" due to their association with Nestle' and their very anti-BFing tactics.
Paying for two in child care? An au pair may be cheaper! Great for families who need flexibility!
ammcmaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #4
edgbar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DS is now 10 months old and we tried several different nipples (Avent, Playtex, Breastflow, and on and on and on...). The only one he would take was the Gerber Nuk orthodontic. For what it's worth, one of my aunts who breastfed all of her children the longest of any of my female relatives also had the best luck with the Gerber Nuk. It was one of the last ones I tried because I had read somewhere that it wasn't supposed to be good to use for breastfeeding babies. I've since learned that LO's will take the nipple that they like, and it may not be the one that supposed to be the "easiest" or "best" to use. He's been using the Gerber Nuk nipples since he was 10 weeks old (when I returned to work and he had to start taking a feeding each day from a bottle of my milk). I'm glad you found something that works! It can be quite a challenge.
edgbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:54 PM   #5
Katie&Owen'sMom
Registered Users

I am a big fan of the Gerber nuk bottle. DS had silent reflux and this was the only bottle that had a slow enough flow (pretty sure it's because the hole is on the top rather than the tip of the nipple) that we didn't have to burp after every ounce.
Katie&Owen'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #6
caroferris
Registered Users
seller

This is all we used for DD, she loved it. She had the Nuk soothers, so this was a good transition to the bottle for her. This was the only bottle nipple she would take - although it is a bit of a pain that the nipple is "directional", ie: the hole should go towards the roof of the mouth, but she didn't really mind.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:01 PM   #7
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammcmaho View Post
personally i'm not a fan of gerber as a "for bfing" due to their association with Nestle' and their very anti-BFing tactics.
im not a fan of that association however needed to find something for him that didnt gush out milk everywhere and it was easiest find for spur of the moment shopping being that we dont have baby stores here
Old 10-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #8
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew Crafty Baby View Post
Hey Lisa - good to know those worked for you. Did he take a nuk paci before trying the bottle? Or any other paci?
I did a thread on here when preggo about the best bottles when nursing cause my kiddos never take one. Well this baby seems to be the same and won't take any of the recommended ones. I tried to do a paci last night to get het used to that first but she just threw up all over the place after gagging on it.

I might go grab your lind though as it's not one of the 4 I have tried.
oh no..poor dd. ds didnt take to the soothie paci...from hospital. we had a mam and he did okay but we'd not tried the nuk paci. its hard to find something specific to their liking. with the bottles id just assumed that some of the different ones we had from ds1 would be okay but it wasnt the case. i didnt want to do paci at all but after nursung almost an hour after i had him to daddy or someone else hed still want to keep sucking. and with me going back to work definitely needed back up since i cant send my boob to daycare

oh we'd only tried the mam cuz it was a baby gift. I didn't see the nuk paci till after we bought the bottle
Old 10-29-2009, 08:13 PM   #9
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie&Owen'sMom View Post
I am a big fan of the Gerber nuk bottle. DS had silent reflux and this was the only bottle that had a slow enough flow (pretty sure it's because the hole is on the top rather than the tip of the nipple) that we didn't have to burp after every ounce.
we've had less spit up since using it too and earlier his dr mentioned silent reflux b/c of some sinus trouble he'd had. but that's been a while ago.

I'm reading on the box the bottle came in and it says the feeding hole positioned so milk mixes with saliva for good digestion???
Old 10-29-2009, 08:15 PM   #10
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgbar View Post
My DS is now 10 months old and we tried several different nipples (Avent, Playtex, Breastflow, and on and on and on...). The only one he would take was the Gerber Nuk orthodontic. For what it's worth, one of my aunts who breastfed all of her children the longest of any of my female relatives also had the best luck with the Gerber Nuk. It was one of the last ones I tried because I had read somewhere that it wasn't supposed to be good to use for breastfeeding babies. I've since learned that LO's will take the nipple that they like, and it may not be the one that supposed to be the "easiest" or "best" to use. He's been using the Gerber Nuk nipples since he was 10 weeks old (when I returned to work and he had to start taking a feeding each day from a bottle of my milk). I'm glad you found something that works! It can be quite a challenge.
Ty mama