Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-31-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Rash/bumps on arms and legs that keeps coming and going....

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen, we've been to the doctor and they didn't really have a good answer....
DS has been breaking out in red welty bumps on his arms and or legs. They don't have the white centers like hives do, they look more like mosquito bites. It clears up in an hour or two, but it happens at least 2x a day for 3 days so far. He is 7 months old.
The doc took a look in his throat and said his tonsils were so red (strep) he wasn't going to bother with a throat culture, just put him on amoxicillin. DS also has eczema on his face that got infected (probably from all the drooling, he just got his first 2 teeth the night before). He said the bumps were just a reaction to the infection...but it seems more like an allergic reaction b/c of how it comes and goes.

Has this happened to anyone? I tried not giving him any solid food today to see if it was food related (he is still mostly BF so it wasn't a big deal) and he still got the bumps.

He is acting fine, he was cranky when he got his teeth but nothing else unusual.

Happy my soldier is home!
mom to B
and A
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote