Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
karabeth05's Avatar
karabeth05
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: small town, west texas
Posts: 6,566
My Mood:
Cool a november craft-along thread!

no matter what you make, how many, or how often, come on in and share feel free to chit-chat, ask questions, share ideas, get inspiration, and most importantly: show pictures!

i mostly sew and knit and have been up to my eyeballs in projects lately, but i've really found that having a little place to chat about what i'm working on really helps keep me motivated dh and the kids are very supportive, but they just don't get it

i have a birthday dress to make before the kids' party on saturday so that's at the top of my list right now. i also have some longies on the back burner for killing time while watching tv what are you up to?

Advertisement

__________________
kara aj mama to B (10/03) A (11/08) T (10/11) & T (10/7/13)

have you seen the One Happy Baby Diaper Pattern?
karabeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:09 AM   #2
CiCiMomOf4
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 260
My Mood:
Re: a november craft-along thread!

I'll join in!

I also have a ton of projects waiting!

Curtains for a bare living room window, hairbows,legwarmers, & tutu's for a craft sale, I'd like to make the fam some holiday pj's - that's 6 sets!, & I'm still thinking about one of those felt play houses!

Wow! That's some list now that I see it written.

I think I will tackle the curtains today & maybe 1 or 2 bows
CiCiMomOf4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:14 AM   #3
karabeth05's Avatar
karabeth05
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: small town, west texas
Posts: 6,566
My Mood:
Re: a november craft-along thread!



yeah i think this time of year is really busy for crafty mamas! lol my problem is that instead of working on my list i keep adding new things and getting side-tracked i think i need crafter's anonymous...

oh, i forgot to add my list! here it is...
- dd's b-day dress
- pink longies for dd
- jammies for dd (1 down, 2 to go)
- AI2s for dd w/new diaper pattern
- fitteds for testers w/new diaper pattern
- fleece poncho & scoodie for dd (and ds if he wants one )
- ridinghood sweater for dd
- felted stockings for the family (would love to make these, but not sure if it'll happen this year )
__________________
kara aj mama to B (10/03) A (11/08) T (10/11) & T (10/7/13)

have you seen the One Happy Baby Diaper Pattern?

Last edited by karabeth05; 11-03-2009 at 09:09 AM.
karabeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:28 AM   #4
CiCiMomOf4
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 260
My Mood:
Re: a november craft-along thread!

I hear you! That's just my 'crafting' list. I could go on & on over the other things I need to do but here I sit reading messages! lol
__________________
please vote for my photo at 'All Around Philly'. the top 10 vote getters move on to the finals. I just need a few more votes! I know it's a pain because you have to 'register' to vote but just look at my cute picture! You get 3 votes per valid e-mail address. Voting ends Wednesday 4/7http://allaroundphilly.upickem.net/e...ontestid=14685
CiCiMomOf4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:40 AM   #5
BigButtSoWut
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lonestar state
Posts: 859
My Mood:
Re: a november craft-along thread!

I actually have a list now and after "making" DS's halloween costume, i'm feeling a bit more confident in my meager abilities. Now that i'm finally going to have some funds to buy some fabric and such! Here's my list...

-Felt playhouse
-Felt play food
-Quiet Book
-Fleece no sew blanket
-drawstring tote
-zippered make up bag
-wall hanging with pockets
-silverware roll
-hem a pair of jeans
-trainers
-raglan shirts
-mama cloth pads
-unpaper towels
-prefold into prefitted (just for practice)
-Overalls for YDS
-cargo pants for 7yo.

now i'm sure I won't get all of this done before Christmas, so I put the gifts at the top to make sure they get done!

PS forgot to ask when I first posted, but I need some ideas for boys dress up costumes, wanting to put together a little trunk of dress up style costumes for my two younger ones, I have these ideas so far: fireman, soldier (they love soldiers) a knight, maybe batman or some other super hero? Don't want to do anything that's too much work
__________________
Des, homeschooling, mama to K, B, T, S G

Last edited by BigButtSoWut; 11-03-2009 at 08:08 AM.
BigButtSoWut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:16 AM   #6
Dakini's Avatar
Dakini
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 401
My Mood:
Re: a november craft-along thread!

I'll join in! My list of things to do (all sewing);
- 2 "receiving" blankets for a baby shower this weekend
- 4 large cuddly blankets for Christmas gifts
- 1 "receiving" blanket for a Christmas gift
- 2 other "receiving" blankets for DD
- felt playhouse
- try out diapers
- try out recycled longies

FYI - I call them "receiving" blankets because they are huge, and two layers of flannel...not sure what else to call them...but DD loves them!
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:34 AM   #7
mollypeters's Avatar
mollypeters
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the big yellow house
Posts: 3,587
Re: a november craft-along thread!

iha (in no particular order)
a couple of custom outfits
hopefully a couple fitted dipes for a shower this weekend
reuseable shopping bags
a couple of kiddie tents for christmas
dd's christmas outfit(pettiskirt, hairbows,embellished ls tee)
skinny trainers for dd
finish a skirty that's been otn for a very long time
knit longies for dd
knit raglans for everyone in the house
not a complete list, but that's what's on the tip of my brain atm.......
__________________
i have a few items fsot here
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1613393
mollypeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #8
karabeth05's Avatar
karabeth05
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: small town, west texas
Posts: 6,566
My Mood:
Re: a november craft-along thread!

those are some serious lists mamas, we better get to work!

i just got dd down for a nap, the iron is warming up and everything is laid out to start on her birthday dress i bought a super cute pattern, but of course i want to change a few things here and there so i really hope it turns out cute hopefully i'll be back with some progress pics after while
__________________
kara aj mama to B (10/03) A (11/08) T (10/11) & T (10/7/13)

have you seen the One Happy Baby Diaper Pattern?
karabeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #9
karabeth05's Avatar
karabeth05
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: small town, west texas
Posts: 6,566
My Mood:
Re: a november craft-along thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiCiMomOf4 View Post
I hear you! That's just my 'crafting' list. I could go on & on over the other things I need to do but here I sit reading messages! lol
oh i TOTALLY understand where you're coming from

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigButtSoWut View Post
I actually have a list now and after "making" DS's halloween costume, i'm feeling a bit more confident in my meager abilities. Now that i'm finally going to have some funds to buy some fabric and such! Here's my list...

-Felt playhouse
-Felt play food
-Quiet Book
-Fleece no sew blanket
-drawstring tote
-zippered make up bag
-wall hanging with pockets
-silverware roll
-hem a pair of jeans
-trainers
-raglan shirts
-mama cloth pads
-unpaper towels
-prefold into prefitted (just for practice)
-Overalls for YDS
-cargo pants for 7yo.

now i'm sure I won't get all of this done before Christmas, so I put the gifts at the top to make sure they get done!

PS forgot to ask when I first posted, but I need some ideas for boys dress up costumes, wanting to put together a little trunk of dress up style costumes for my two younger ones, I have these ideas so far: fireman, soldier (they love soldiers) a knight, maybe batman or some other super hero? Don't want to do anything that's too much work
how about a two-sided cape with a superman symbol on one side and his initial on the other? oooh a doctor would be pretty easy too, some scrubs and maybe a lab coat cowboys are pretty simple, a bandana, vest, and maybe a hat? ok i'll stop now my kiddos NEED a dress up trunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakini View Post
I'll join in! My list of things to do (all sewing);
- 2 "receiving" blankets for a baby shower this weekend
- 4 large cuddly blankets for Christmas gifts
- 1 "receiving" blanket for a Christmas gift
- 2 other "receiving" blankets for DD
- felt playhouse
- try out diapers
- try out recycled longies

FYI - I call them "receiving" blankets because they are huge, and two layers of flannel...not sure what else to call them...but DD loves them!
those blankets sound nice, i can't wait to see them! i see you got bit by the felt playhouse bug, huh? i'm trying to resist we really don't have room for one anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollypeters View Post
iha (in no particular order)
a couple of custom outfits
hopefully a couple fitted dipes for a shower this weekend
reuseable shopping bags
a couple of kiddie tents for christmas
dd's christmas outfit(pettiskirt, hairbows,embellished ls tee)
skinny trainers for dd
finish a skirty that's been otn for a very long time
knit longies for dd
knit raglans for everyone in the house
not a complete list, but that's what's on the tip of my brain atm.......
i can't wait to see your raglans, i keep meaning to buy the pattern but with everything else going on i figure it'll have to wait. i think i want to do short-sleeves anyway since our weather here is much more warm than cold so procrastinating a couple more months only makes sense!
__________________
kara aj mama to B (10/03) A (11/08) T (10/11) & T (10/7/13)

have you seen the One Happy Baby Diaper Pattern?
karabeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:24 AM   #10
mom2piddle's Avatar
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 15,842
Re: a november craft-along thread!

I crochet, dye yarn and do a ton of other little projects here nad there to keep the kids busy...

my list for this month is:
crochet lots of longies, hats and mittens
maybe make m&p soap
maybe make some hairbows

list looks short but hats and mittens alone will keep me busy!!
__________________
Jennifer~tattooed mama to 5 fabulous kids!
mom2piddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.