Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2009, 10:31 PM   #21
CC Bums
Registered Users
Formerly: camallama
seller

My Mood:
Re: a november craft-along thread!

i need to finish some sewing projects..
i just cut out tonight..
3 bibs,
2 wetbags,
the body of 5 aio's, need to ad the stuffing,
need to work on breast pads..

i have a mom to mom sale on the 21st that i'm wanting to have everything ready for.. i have more than enough in my stock totes.. but i like to make sure working on filling any proverbial "holes"

and today i finished up two OS fleece covers and a OS pinnable fleece night time AIO

Advertisement

Old 11-03-2009, 10:53 PM   #22
shetibo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

kara im totally gelin over your workspace! that is awesome!

i have been busy dying more wool yarn, i took the plunge and dyed my expensive wool tonight! so far it looks good! 8oz has taken 1 jar of blue wiltons food coloring, 1/4 jar of teal, and 2 jars of black! and i turned my blender hot pink mixing the black LOL i was trying to take a short cut and now i have to scrub out my blender, oh well!
i need to get busy sewing stuff for the black friday stockings so im sure ill be busy here soon
ill post pics of the yarn and all my other goodies when it is dry/done

shetibo: she (as in girl) tea (like the drink) bow (tie a bow)
shetibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:37 AM   #23
Abunchofus
Registered Users
seller

oh fun thread - i'm sewing an apron right now
Old 11-04-2009, 06:23 AM   #24
BigButtSoWut
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karabeth05 View Post
welcome everyone

i made dd's dress today! it went so much more smoothly than i expected and it turned out absolutely perfect

now i get to frog the longies i've been fighting with for over a week and see if i can't get them done right

that dress is worthy! I so wish I had a little girl so that I could attempt to make her stuff like that.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:32 AM   #25
karabeth05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks everyone and welcome to everybody who popped in last night

jessica - yeah, i LOVE it over there...and dh wonders why it's so hard to pry me away from my stuff i can't wait to see your yarn! i got into dyeing a couple months ago then got sidetracked and haven't done anything with a bunch of natural cestari i have you might push me over the edge and make me get back to it

christi - can't wait to see your apron! are you using a pattern or did you just make it up? a friend of mine has her own catering business and wants me to make some aprons for her and her employees, but i've never made one before seems pretty straightforward, but sometimes those are the projects that trick you!

des - thanks so much, i am seriously in love with it. i searched high and low for that fabric and i'm SO glad i did and i definitely have enough left over to do something fun for her birthday next year maybe a twirl skirt

ETA: i got my longies frogged back last night and i've started back up on them...hopefully i can do them right this time

have you seen the One Happy Baby Diaper Pattern?

Last edited by karabeth05; 11-04-2009 at 06:33 AM.
karabeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:49 AM   #26
Abunchofus
Registered Users
seller

Kara - I did use a pattern for this one because it is for a swap and when I asked her what style she showed me the Sew Liberated Emmeline apron.

http://sewliberated.com/patterns.html#emmeline
Old 11-04-2009, 07:54 AM   #27
Dakini
Registered Users

My Mood:

I love that dress! I wish I was that talented so I could make something like for my DD...

I worked on two blankets last night, but I have to start over as I'm just not happy with the initial sewing together...at least it's just the TandT so I can easily rip them apart and resew them...I'd just if I'd already started to quilt them! But tonight I have to work on another two blankets that I'm planning on giving at a baby shower on Sunday...so I have to do those perfect! but, DD is supposed to be out with Daddy tonight, so it will give me some time.

Other than that, not much to report. Though I have more and more ideas starting in my head for things I want to make...just not enough time!
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:35 AM   #28
karabeth05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abunchofus View Post
Kara - I did use a pattern for this one because it is for a swap and when I asked her what style she showed me the Sew Liberated Emmeline apron.
oooh that's cute! she might be really interested in that if she just has female employees, that's so much cuter and flattering than a 'regular' apron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakini View Post
I love that dress! I wish I was that talented so I could make something like for my DD...

I worked on two blankets last night, but I have to start over as I'm just not happy with the initial sewing together...at least it's just the TandT so I can easily rip them apart and resew them...I'd just if I'd already started to quilt them! But tonight I have to work on another two blankets that I'm planning on giving at a baby shower on Sunday...so I have to do those perfect! but, DD is supposed to be out with Daddy tonight, so it will give me some time.

Other than that, not much to report. Though I have more and more ideas starting in my head for things I want to make...just not enough time!
oh no, sorry to hear about your blankets i HATE having to undo stuff i'm really curious to see how they turn out though!

and about the dress, you should totally try...just pick up some woven fabric on sale at your local fabric store and see what you can do. the pattern came with a book that was VERY helpful and even showed how to do some of the techniques

Old 11-04-2009, 08:41 AM   #29
Abunchofus
Registered Users
seller

no this is just for her personally - no employees
Old 11-04-2009, 08:43 AM   #30
karabeth05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abunchofus View Post
no this is just for her personally - no employees
oh no, sorry i meant my friend with the catering business