Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2010, 12:03 AM   #101
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Happy Healthy Family Habits

Updates, Mamas?

We are currently combining the different things people have presented here.

Our current plan is:

*A chore chart for the two boys. It is one chart and they do the same chores and they do them together. My ten year old is teaching the two year old how to do each chore, with follow-up from me of course. It is good for my son to learn to how to show patience and provide encouragement. He has been doing very well with it. It does frustrate him that the two year doesn't do 50% of the work though. Sticking with the daily ten, the boys have ten chores which include personal hygiene, an outdoor chore, a pet chore, indoor chores, and assisting the family's needs.

* Still using the Riley Daily Ten for mom and dad except the last one was changed to daily declutter

*Divided the house up into 14 areas and the goal is to spend 30 to 60 min per day decluttering and dejunking the daily area. Every two weeks, we start over. When the rooms are finally decluttered and dejunked, we will focus on spring cleaning tasks and then room touchups (painting, trim, repairs, etc.)

I am excited for the new decluttering schedule, we have been inconsistent based on how much sleep I have gotten, but the rooms I have managed to work on, you can really see the difference.

Tell me how things are going for you mamas!

Advertisement

Old 07-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #102
laurangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kero - that sounds great! What are your 14 areas?

THings are definately going much better at our house! Baby is only waking up once a night, so I have more energy to do things. The house has been at an acceptable to great level for the past couple of months. Minus a couple times here and there. I've also been able to cook more meals, and I'm currently working on a rotating meal plan, which seems to be helping. It consists of things that taste good and are quick and easy to make. Side dishes are a new thing to me, but now that the baby is eating what we're eating, it's given me the motivation I need to make sure we have lots of fruits and veggies. Our meals have been much healthier! Well, they were healthy to begin with, but they're even better now, plus they're more interesting! LOL. I think it's helped that I went on a 5-week holiday with my parents, so I didn't do any cooking and all cleaning was shared! I became more motivated, and she gave me ideas of things to cook that I'd completely forgotten about.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:59 AM   #103
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Laura, I have become a huge fan of my slowcooker the past few months! I love that the dishes from the prep are already washed and ready to be put away by the time the dishes from dinner are ready to be washed. I am usually in such a rush before and after dinner, the slow cooker has been amazing at reducing stress during that time frame.

My 14 cleaning areas are:
Outside
Upstairs bathroom
Kitchen
Dining room
Living room
Kids' room
Our room
Stairways/Misc/Upstairs apt
Toy Room
Game Room
Downstairs bathroom
Closet (A room where all our clothes are stored, none are kept in the bedrooms)
Laundry Room
Utility Room

(We have a lot of rooms in our house the upstairs apartment has 4.5 rooms as well, but they are small.)
Old 07-12-2010, 09:31 AM   #104
laurangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You know, I used to use my slowcooker a lot. I don't know why I quit. I need to get out my Vegetarian Slow Cooker cookbook again! I thought the areas were probably done my rooms, but you never know! I'm at the point in organizing that I need to decide which/how much baby stuff to keep. We're planning on trying for another baby this fall, so we'll keep the gear; but I'm wondering about other things like clothes and toys. There are lots of toys that Lily never played with, but I'm wondering if we should keep them in case the next baby thinks they're awesome? What do you ladies with experience think?
Old 07-12-2010, 10:07 AM   #105
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurangel View Post
You know, I used to use my slowcooker a lot. I don't know why I quit. I need to get out my Vegetarian Slow Cooker cookbook again! I thought the areas were probably done my rooms, but you never know! I'm at the point in organizing that I need to decide which/how much baby stuff to keep. We're planning on trying for another baby this fall, so we'll keep the gear; but I'm wondering about other things like clothes and toys. There are lots of toys that Lily never played with, but I'm wondering if we should keep them in case the next baby thinks they're awesome? What do you ladies with experience think?
My first son rarely played with toys, but my second son is obsessed with toys and has played with everything we own, although he does have favorites. My dd is inbetween the two but of course came with a whole new set of toys. I kept my sons toys seven years and of course the reality is, I could have just kept a few favorites, because my second son gets new toys for birthdays and holidays and we are drowning in toys here.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #106
lj2blessed
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

After being run over by the wagon (after I fell off) - I'm ready to get back on!

We are moving (PRAISE THE LORD!!!) this week, and I'd like to start off in the new place with some habits and stuff!

We're transitioning from a flat 2 bedroom 1.5 bath apartment to a two level 2 bedroom 1.5 bath townhouse...so things are gonna be a little different.

Any suggestions or pointers on how to move/unpack?
lj2blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #107
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keropisunshine23 View Post
Oh good luck! That is a tough one! Let us know how you do!
I actually did pretty well on it I did bend the meaning of necessary a few times but overall I'm proud of myself
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:37 AM   #108
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Laurangel- when my son was 9m he started eating most meals with us and I started dropping baby weight like crazy. My husband and I were all of the sudden so much healthier and its because I was paying such close attention to what we ate because LO was eating it.

My list, as much as I love it, has become the image that hangs over my calendar. I am 19w pregnant without ac in blistering northern va heat and just don't want to be upstairs doing it. The ac has been out for nearly 3 weeks now, but the new unit has been installed we just need to have it charged and the something done with the lines. Enterprisingly though, the house is pretty clean (with the exception of our bedroom) because we have been living in the finished basement where we have a small window unit running. LOL, stop living in the house and it stays clean.
We have quit meal planning, as much as I hate that I just have some weird cravings and what sounds good the night before makes my stomach turn the next evening. The days when the house reaches 90+ degrees we are eating out, which has been almost everyday.
Now I have a whole new set of things I need to accomplish, like clear out the upstairs spare bedroom to make way for baby. Combine the sewing room, computer room, storage room, and spare bedroom into the big basement level bedroom (they're not all separate rooms but basically I have to fit all of that stuff into one room). The laundry has also taken over our bedroom, I just don't know where to start with it. I'm sure if I could get myself back into the habit of using the list daily I could tackle it in baby steps...but its too hot to go upstairs
Planning a garage sale once I get moving on the baby's room. I have so much junk that I don't use that in 10 years I could be on hoarding...and DH is the worst culprit.

I just replaced my slow cooker. I was using it with a messed up lid for about a year then about 2 months ago DH dropped the crock in the sink and broke it. I just love the smell of a meal cooking when you come in the door from a long day...yum my work is done

Oh one more thing, I'm not sure if my son actually belongs to me. He cleans his stuff up and puts things where they belong without being asked. Hopefully me and dad will get our act together before he realizes we don't do that kind of stuff.

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:53 PM   #109
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

LOL about your ds, Kristi. I am pretty sure that is how my parents felt about me.

Staying on top of cleaning while pregnant stinks, that is where we fell apart, that is for sure! Congrats on your pregnancy!
Old 08-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #110
JMFutures
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kristy I sent you an email....anxious to get started with some form of structure! And thanks for offering this up!