Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-10-2009, 12:47 AM   #11
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Happy Healthy Family Habits

Kristy, your lists look great! Someone once shared with me a calendar that you can download and print and it had things on it that I would never remember to put on a list, like trim fingernails and wash the vents. I am thinking of trying something like that once I get this daily thing down!

Advertisement

Old 11-10-2009, 05:01 AM   #12
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keropisunshine23 View Post
Kristy, your lists look great! Someone once shared with me a calendar that you can download and print and it had things on it that I would never remember to put on a list, like trim fingernails and wash the vents. I am thinking of trying something like that once I get this daily thing down!
To my suprise hubby was on board with the lists when I showed him. He thought it was great that it was broken down into manageable daily tasks that won't consume the whole day. finders crossed it will work.
As a Life Skills Coach I have tons of these lists, but they always seemed over whelming. My ideas came from the www.justmommies.com cleaning calendar and another random list I had in my files. I think I need to create a simplified list for my clients now too, if it's overwhelming for me its probably overwhelming for them.

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:45 AM   #13
crysalis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

this is a great thread, and I love the charts! I'm heading out the door on my way to work right now, but I'll be back to the thread when I get home!
crysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:10 AM   #14
lj2blessed
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yesterday didn't go so well...DH didn't sleep like he was supposed to yesterday (he went to the movies instead ) - so he crashed when I got home. So I grabbed the baby and went to my LLL meeting...maybe we can sit down and talk and start today?
lj2blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:33 AM   #15
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj2blessed View Post
Yesterday didn't go so well...DH didn't sleep like he was supposed to yesterday (he went to the movies instead ) - so he crashed when I got home. So I grabbed the baby and went to my LLL meeting...maybe we can sit down and talk and start today?
LJ, I understand, I worked so hard yesterday and DH didn't do any of the things he was supposed so now I don't feel like doing my chores today But I will
Old 11-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #16
Mom2frick&frack
Registered Users

My Mood:

OMG I am so glad that I stumbled on this thread! This couldn't have come at a better time.

I am so onboard with this! I don't have much time now but will by the weekend to come up with some things that I hope will work for our family.

I'm Kellie. My DH and I have been together for 17 yrs and married for 15. We have a 15 year old DD who is one of the major causes of my stress and our wonderful monster DS who is 21 months today. I work full-time outside the home and basically do EVERYTHING inside the home also. My DH and DD are pretty much worthless when it comes to helping. It has caused me so much stress and made my workload at home unbearable. I am beyond overwhelmed to the point where I feel like either breaking down and screaming, crying, throwing things or just running away from my family. I could easily envision myself taking DS and just leaving. On top of getting no help from DH and DD, DD is mouthy and aggravating and I really do not like her anymore. Some of it is her being a typical teenager some not so much. DH is completely incapable of doing anything on his own without direction. It's like having another kid. Then the two of them do nothing but fight and yell at each other and DH acts just as irrational and immature as DD.

My goal is to get some structure and organization to our house before I lose my mind completely. I started this past weekend trying to get into an organization routine just for my own sanity. But I need to work on the other's in my house and get them onboard. I am exhausted when I get home from work and have to go straight to the kitchen to cook dinner (even though DH has been home for hours) then always have laundry or something else afterwards that needs to be done on top of spending time with the kids. By the time I can actually sit down and catch my breath, it's time or past time for bed and my chaos starts fresh the next day. lol!

It's hard since I have no one to be accountable to and to motivate me to keep me on track. I hope that's what we can do for each other here.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #17
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

:wave2: Hi Kellie!

Somedays I feel like I could have written your post except my 15 year old is only a nine year who acts like a teenager! I am scared for the future!

Mamas, it is really hard to get the others on board. I personally have been working all summer to create a few little habits for the family. DH will do well for a couple weeks and then have a lazy couple weeks. I get crabby, because no one picks up my slack, why should I pick up his? My husband sees how nice things are and how much smoother things run when he does his share yet he still blows it off I totally understand skipping a day every once in a while, but for several days?

Someone asked about making it fun. For my son, if he gets his chart 100% for the day, he gets to play video games the next day. For the past year he wasn't allowed to play during the week, so he appreciates being able to earn that option.

For DH, not sure if I can make chores fun for him.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #18
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=Keropisunshine23;8849759Someone asked about making it fun. For my son, if he gets his chart 100% for the day, he gets to play video games the next day. For the past year he wasn't allowed to play during the week, so he appreciates being able to earn that option.

For DH, not sure if I can make chores fun for him.[/QUOTE]

You know I bet this would work for my husband...I just don't know how I can really regulate a grown mans video game/computer time. It frustrates me to no end that my husband will sit at his lap top for 6 hours straight and not blink an eye. I've even caught him doing his "parenting" from the computer.

It's sad we know all too well what it means to have a slacking husband. My mother, friends, and aunts look at me like I am cruel because I will not make my husbands plate or clean up after him. He is a grown man (which I remind him of) and I did not marry him to please him or be at his beck and call. I REFUSE to do for him what he is perfectly capable of. On that note, I have not cleaned my husbands sink (we have a double sink in our bathroom) is probably 2 years- he has to do it or it stays filty.

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #19
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know what you mean, I used to do more things for him, but he was doing things for me. When he is pitching in, I tend to spoil him more because I feel better not having to do all the work myself.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:41 AM   #20
lj2blessed
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Haven't sat down to make the budget yet ; but DH helped out by cooking the spaghetti yesterday while I was at work When I put it up last night I packed it in individual containers (as opposed to one big one) - so my lunch was already packed! This morning I took a few minutes to put some salad lettuce in a container, and grab some frozen pancakes - so I brought breakfast and lunch to work with me! I'm sooooo proud of myself
lj2blessed is offline   Reply With Quote