Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2009, 07:30 AM   #21
Mom2frick&frack
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Happy Healthy Family Habits

I have the KING of all slacker husbands! It's gotten to the point of him being a horrible husband and father and it's making not be the mommy I used to be or want to be since I am short tempered from all the stress of having to do it all.

He lays on the couch watching tv whenever he's home. I had to run to the grocery store a few days ago and DS was running around in a T-shirt and dipe. It was 7 pm and as I was walking out, DuH looks up from his pillow on the couch and says, "Aren't you taking Ethan with you?" WHAT????? Are you freaking kidding me? He's laying there doing nothing and he wants me to get the kid dressed to drag to the store with me so he doesn't have to watch him?

On top of chore charts organization that I need in my house, I am going to get DuH and DD into some counseling. I can't live with them and their fighting anymore. I am always being put in the middle of everything between them and I don't have the energy for it. Throw in the new puppy (what the heck were we thinking?) that isn't housebroken yet, and I am done! lol!

Calgon take me away!

Advertisement

Old 11-11-2009, 07:36 AM   #22
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj2blessed View Post
Haven't sat down to make the budget yet ; but DH helped out by cooking the spaghetti yesterday while I was at work When I put it up last night I packed it in individual containers (as opposed to one big one) - so my lunch was already packed! This morning I took a few minutes to put some salad lettuce in a container, and grab some frozen pancakes - so I brought breakfast and lunch to work with me! I'm sooooo proud of myself
Excellent, LJ! Isn't it amazing how accomplishing even one of your goals just makes you feel all giddy and puts you in a great mood?

DH didn't complete his portion of the work last night but he did get some of it done. Small steps I guess.

My son is doing well with his chart. We have used the chart thing before, so it is a matter of keeping it going. He has been in a better mood all week because he is getting his stuff done and earning things. I am glad to see an improvement in his attitude in such a short time. I hope it lasts.

Last edited by Keropisunshine23; 11-11-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Keropisunshine23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:23 AM   #23
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj2blessed View Post
Haven't sat down to make the budget yet ; but DH helped out by cooking the spaghetti yesterday while I was at work When I put it up last night I packed it in individual containers (as opposed to one big one) - so my lunch was already packed! This morning I took a few minutes to put some salad lettuce in a container, and grab some frozen pancakes - so I brought breakfast and lunch to work with me! I'm sooooo proud of myself
That's great! It's amazing how much money one can save by packing there own lunch...and how much healthier it can be. I have to admit this is something we are really good at. Each night we make enough for lunches the next day, one of us makes up the lunches while the other person cleans up dinners mess.

There is one never broken rule in our house...The cook doesn't clean. It's how I grew up and I think it's an excellent rule. Once hubby figured this rule out he was always more than willing to prepare a meal. It makes for a nice routine in our house.
So yesterday I made sure to get all of my Tuesday tasks done and I was so happy to look around my house and see that it was all in order. Such a feeling of accomplishment, and in only about 20 minutes I had it done.
Today will be a true test though. I won't be home from work until at least 10:30pm and DH is home (holiday) running the house. He was very ambitious as I was leaving the house and ready to do some laundry, even though it wasn't on the list. I think he was happy to come home last night and see things in order, but he does have a huge task on his hands...sorting the mail. between the dining room table and the entryway we probably have a month or more worth of mail to sort. Good Luck babe!

As for my other items:
Still smoking
Walked to the store yesterday instead of driving and it felt great
Still resisting the urge to check the FSOT
Meal Planning is done for the next week

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #24
lj2blessed
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Why am I such a doofus

Meal planning and grocery shopping is our WORST are because fast food is just so, convenient; and I guess we have enough money to buy it - right?

Well, I'd hear of e-mealz.com before and even downloaded a sample; didn't think too much about it. So today a friend on a local board links to it and talks about how it's been saving her money and linking to sales at certain grocery stores and everything. I click the link and start exploring the site - WHY IS THE FOUNDER A MEMBER OF MY CHURCH??? Like, I see her every week! She's the associate pastor's wife, they are even in my FPU small group! I obviously have a HUGE resource right in front of me and I'm not using it!

I'll mention it to DH, and sign up tonight probably. When we see her tonight I'm gonna get her for not telling us about her AWESOME website
lj2blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #25
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wanted to share this site because I think it is amazing.

http://motivatedmoms.com/

Once I get the daily ten down, I would love to incorporate some of their chore lists. I might download the $2 just for chore ideas and then make my own spreadsheet.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:46 PM   #26
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH had me in shock today...He loves the list? why didn't I do this 18 months ago!
Sad to report I made a diaper purchase today :-( it was just too cute and after I sent my PP I was so disappointed in myself

Old 11-13-2009, 06:53 PM   #27
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kristy, I love that your DH likes the list and is helping out. Mine, is lazier than ever
Old 11-17-2009, 12:40 AM   #28
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just wondering how it is going for everyone. We were out of town this weekend and it was a bit hard to get into routine this morning. I will hopefully get back on track tomorrow. I didn't fall off too hard, just didn't shoot for 100%

So far my son has complained a little about completing his chart and DH has not helped at all which led to a nice big fight, but it does appear he gave it a little effort today.

Hope you guys are accomplishing your goals and satisfied with your results so far
Old 11-17-2009, 05:57 AM   #29
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry to hear you had a fight, and I hope DH gets it in gear.
As for me, I have fallen off this week too. My hubby is out of town so the chores are slacking, no meal plan since I'm just feeding myself and a 10m old (we are really just eating left overs and TV dinners)
Exercise is too much right now. I am finishing up school and I am down to the wire, so that is my main focus.
Schedule and routine looking good, a little off track since I am working 5 days this week, but I'm working it around schedule.
Cut back on my smoking, and my 2ww will end on Sunday so hopefully I will be quiting for good then.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:58 AM   #30
lj2blessed
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No big chores - but the kitchen sink has stayed pretty clean! And this morning I made cookies and put some chicken in the crockpot for tonight's dinner!
lj2blessed is offline   Reply With Quote