Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2007, 11:22 AM   #11
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: stroller recommendations please

honestly the side by sides are hard to fit is stores and such! You can't get through the little isles in the clothing racks with them at all. I loved my Graco DuoGlider for my 2 but it ripped so we bought one almost like it from evenflo.. it sucks I hate it... I can't wait for income tax money to buy a new DuoGlider!!!

btw.. I looked at that one that the older child sits below... My 2yo or my 1 yo would HATE it!!! they can't see anything back there.... How fun would an amusement park be in that seat?????

eta: the duoglider has a 40 lb per child weight limit.. my 1yo is a big boy 30 pounds... my 2yo is a petite girl 21 pounds and it worked great for us... and steered really really easy even in gravel... it is also afordable.

Advertisement

Last edited by fawnlovesjasper; 01-19-2007 at 11:27 AM.
fawnlovesjasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:57 PM   #12
3beans
Registered Users

My Mood:

i love my combi twin savvy... i can put my45 pound ds and 30 pound dd in it...it folds up compactly and travels well!!!!
Adaline Faith 11.17.08 7lbs 2 ozs
3beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:12 PM   #13
my4blessings
Registered Users
Formerly: my3kiddos
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3beans View Post
i love my combi twin savvy... i can put my45 pound ds and 30 pound dd in it...it folds up compactly and travels well!!!!
I have been looking at this one...do your kids have enough room in it? I have a 22 lb ds and 32 lb dd. I was worried the seats might not be wide enough? Also, does it fit well through doorways?

I have a double Instep utility stroller and love it, but it is too wide for the mall. I had an evenflo tandem. It fell apart in 6 months and my dd's were always fighting over who got to sit in the front, so I want to get another side by side. I have just been putting dd in my single stroller and wearing ds, but he is starting to not cooperate in his sling
Old 01-22-2007, 02:26 PM   #14
mom_of_3g_1b
Registered Users
seller

I have the duoglider. It was great for babies but they don't like it now. I found the back seat hard to buckle them into. We just bought a Peg Perego double. Not the duette I think the aria. It is so smooth and easy to manuevre.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #15
jaseyandmallorysmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B000BMJ6VG

I have the above one I linked and so does my friend. Both her's and mine are two years apart and works well. My son was 2yrs when my DD was born and it worked then and continues to work for us now that they are 2 & 4 yrs old. It's also light and easy to use. The older child can stand or sit. I love it.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:48 PM   #16
aimee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a Joovy Caboose and LOVE it. It is perfect for my 3 yr old and 10 month old. It was $149 at Babies R Us.

http://www.joovy.com/
Old 01-22-2007, 03:42 PM   #17
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With your kids ages a sit n' stand stroller may work. They are shorter than traditional doubles so easier to steer. We have the sit and stand LX from Target ($120 I think), and I LOVE it. Super easy to steer, to fold and older ds can either sit facing me or stand facing forward. I love it.

Ali

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:27 PM   #18
RedSoxFan1
Banned
seller

There is one called the Transit Tandem, let me see if I can find a link okay here we are: Transit Tandem

It's great for out and about because it folds up like an umbrella and is very compact. The front seat doesn't recline but it is extremely maneuverable, and inexpensive to boot! It would be a good car double, then you could splurge on something like a MBUD or Bob double for walks and outdoors.
RedSoxFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #19
zionnecherub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have gone through many types of strollers! I dont like the big klunky ones (graco etc.). I had a maclaren twin, which was very compact when folded. It was easy to steer with 2 hands. I hate the steering of combi's, they always seem to aggrevate me. Finally I broke down and bought the Phil and teds. You can steer it with one hand & I love the convertable-ness of it. AND a mama has one for sale on here: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89473
If money is not a big deal, I recommend this one. I am partial to cool looking strollers though. I hate plaid, and all those boring patterns on the "usual" strollers. But Im a wierdo when it comes to design.