Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-13-2009, 05:42 AM   #1
TutuEllagant
Registered Users
Formerly: Mama20
seller
seller

Question Am I required to put a price in my FSOT posts?

I have several pages of diapers for sale. I've always put the price with each diaper. However, one of my pages is a lot of one brand of diapers, but many different pieces (covers, inserts, boosters). Originally I was selling as a lot and had the price I was asking, but no one was interested in the whole thing, so I started to split the lot. I've been getting requests for all sorts of combinations (2 covers, 4 inserts, 3 boosters; 4 covers, 4 inserts, no boosters, etc.). So because of that I didn't put a price in my listing. I've set a min. on the number of items I'll sell, because I had so many pieces I didn't want to sell one booster here, one cover there, if you KWIM. I'm giving deals based on how big of a purchase is made, but I'm staying consistent in that if two people ask for the same combination of items, they're getting the same price.

I didn't think this was a problem until someone sent me a pm and told me they thought it was required to put my asking price in my op.

Is this true?

Advertisement

Old 11-13-2009, 05:44 AM   #2
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I required to put a price in my FSOT posts?

Yup I had a mod remove a FSOT post of mine one time for it
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:50 AM   #3
TutuEllagant
Registered Users
Formerly: Mama20
seller
seller

that's really frustrating. I can understand if there's individual diapers (like my other posts), but how am I supposed to price everything in a lot of a bunch of little pieces? I guess I can just put the price for the minimum purchase amount and leave it at that. But I still don't see how that makes it much better because ppl will still ask for more or different combinations and I'll have to give those prices via pm's.

Also, I tried searching for a place to read about this rule but couldn't find it. Is there a link somewhere?

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2009, 06:22 AM   #4
BlueDahlia
Registered Users
seller
seller

I can understand why you are frustrated, and out of curiosity I looked everywhere for the rule stating there must be a price. I found it under the FAQ tab up there in the top right area of the page:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/..._auction_style
BlueDahlia is offline   Reply With Quote