Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
nethridge
Registered Users
seller

Xmas-What are you getting the LOs?

I'm wondering what everyone is getting their LOs this year. I have an 8 mo old (he will be 10 months during Christmas) and I'm so lost as what to get him! I love alot of the things on onestepahead.com...just developmental stuff. Other than that I can't think of anything!

So, what's on your list?

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #2
ashtonsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Xmas-What are you getting the LOs?

well this year we are going to be so picky and make a list for inlaws. they tend to go way over board!!! they have also agreed to put money in their accounts instead of the usual. so i would like to get each ofthe kids their own cd players for their rooms. ds loves to listen to music and i like to play calm music at bedtime for him while he reads. and dd loves soft lullabys to play at bedtime. and some clothes as they both need some. and only eco toys! im tired of all these crappy toys in here!!! We are also going to christmas to my parents island so i cant wait to shop the little gift shops of homemade goodies. knit wear and such.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:28 AM   #3
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller

Location: I'm only passing through here as my real home is in Heaven!
My Mood:

We're getting a baby sister and a house.

This Christmas will be a very humble one for my kids. At least coming from us. We're due with a baby around that time, and our house is scheduled to be done around that time. So we're not sure what we're getting them, but whatever it is, it's going to be cheap. LOL
Old 10-25-2008, 09:35 AM   #4
Rainshine Designs
formerly "meganbathgate"
seller
seller

My Mood:

It'll be a frugal Xmas for us too, the first since we're down to a one income family. My 11yo DD hasn't asked for any "big-ticket" items, just things like a robe and slippers and nail polish. My baby girl's 1st b-day is dec 19th so she'll be getting combined presents this year (since we can get away with it). I love the Melissa and Doug wooden toys but have to find somewhere I can get the one's I've got my eye on without ridiculous shipping costs!
I'm making felt food for my friends 2yo and other than that I'm without inspiration!

Enter code DSMAMA at checkout to receive 5% off your order.
Rainshine Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:44 AM   #5
WhatWasIThinking
Registered Users

My Mood:

The baby is easy this year! He will be getting an evenflo triumph advance, one of those green cars the baby sits in and the paret pushes it with a big handle, and some type of baby train and other littlier things. YDD wanted a princess cd player and I don't know what else. ODD hasn't even said what she wants yet. ODS wants an electric guitar, OMG!!!!!
WhatWasIThinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:00 AM   #6
even_in_death
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ODD is getting a bath set, comforter set. DS is getting GI joes, and little hot wheel cars. YDD is gonna get dress up clothes, and a dolly. This year is the first year we are celebrating Christmas, in a while.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:00 PM   #7
huntingflower
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD is 10 and she is getting a digital camera and then her stocking will have panties, bras etc (she has 5 sets of grandparents so she will end up with A LOT more)

DS will be a year old on Jan 3rd and he will be getting a wooden drum (he plays drums with daddy now), a push cart thing filled with wooden blocks, a ball and some other more natural type toys. Just a few things though, not much. One of his grandma's is getting him a wooden sled and we will probably get him the zip up cover thing for it to keep the elements off him. We spend a lot of time outside in the winter.

huntingflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:07 PM   #8
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Im getting Maddie this: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...se=&lang=en-US

And then some play food and plates and things to go with it (from santa)

And then i think we will get her one of these dolls from us. http://www.oompa.com/baby-toys/category.cgi?item=HA0982
Old 10-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #9
1orange23
Registered Users
seller

It's not our customs to change gift on Christmas so I don't bother to think about presents for dh's and my family. Calling them on Christmas day is good enough.

Dh and I don't exchange gifts. For our kids, probably we are giving down to only 1 toy for each kid, not sure what yet. I've been trying to live simply, no more buying toys, and so far so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganbathgate View Post
It'll be a frugal Xmas for us too, the first since we're down to a one income family. My 11yo DD hasn't asked for any "big-ticket" items, just things like a robe and slippers and nail polish. My baby girl's 1st b-day is dec 19th so she'll be getting combined presents this year (since we can get away with it). I love the Melissa and Doug wooden toys but have to find somewhere I can get the one's I've got my eye on without ridiculous shipping costs!
I'm making felt food for my friends 2yo and other than that I'm without inspiration!
Is there any Winners close to you. You can find Melissa and Doug toys at Winner at cheaper price.

Last edited by 1orange23; 10-25-2008 at 01:10 PM.
1orange23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #10
mom2LBJ
Registered Users

My Mood:

The retro red PBK play kitchen and wooden play foods. DH and I are buying at least one large piece. I'm hoping to convince the inlaws to go together on the other large pieces other than filling my house up with annoying loud plastic junk like they do every year. Or DH and I will just get the full set. They're also getting the anywhere chairs from PBK, but I might give them to them as soon as they come in.

Last edited by mom2LBJ; 10-25-2008 at 01:19 PM.
mom2LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote