Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2007, 10:34 AM   #11
dwmama
Registered Users

Re: Circ

My boys aren't either

Advertisement

dwmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #12
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberof2 View Post
I just can't believe all the women out there are so adamently for BFing, CDing, APing and then are like yeah, I got my son circed because his daddy is? What in the world is that about? I tried sending out an informative article a hyper link to a web page with fair information in favor of leaving boys intact and most of them didn't even bother reading it So Frustrating.
How do you respond to people like that? Any advice would be appreciated because I would really love to just walk away from a conversation and not feel like i need to
thanks in advance and
Amber
Here's the thing...with ds1, I truely didn't know better and it was completely dh's decision...with ds2, I was still a bit uneducated on it, and cried when they took him from me to do it. I'm going to seriously fight with this one to keep him intact...but I'm not the only parent in the kid's lives and just like I can't criticize you for your parenting, my dh's beliefs and stuff (however unfounded they may be) are still his own and they are his children too. I know there are many cans of worms to be opened with this thread and I almost didn't respond to it...but PLEASE try to understand that we all have our reasons even if they don't coincide with yours! (and even if we don't necessarily agree with them either, they are the choices that have been made and we can't undo them no matter how badly we would like to ) That all being said, I'm off to bed and have a wonderful day...and please don't flame me for what we do in our household!

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:32 PM   #13
Camellia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our son is intact. I also think baby boys should be given the same right as baby girls. Genital integrity for all!
Old 01-22-2007, 02:33 PM   #14
ecoria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillers72 View Post
my dh's beliefs and stuff (however unfounded they may be) are still his own and they are his children too. I know there are many cans of worms to be opened with this thread and I almost didn't respond to it...but PLEASE try to understand that we all have our reasons even if they don't coincide with yours!
well when it comes to control over someone elses body and lives, its up to the most educated person to make the decisions and tell the less educated one to shut up unless they know what they are talking about. unfounded beliefs should not be enough for you to not stand in the way of someone mutilating your sons body for NO GOOD REASON, especially if you woudl prefer it not be done. thats the weak womans excuse. We are not subserviant to our husbands. If you know better you do better, you dont allow a wrong to be done because you dont wanna piss of your husband.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:38 PM   #15
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i'm sorry, i'm with chantily on this one. where, yes i DID NOT want my boys circed, i am all for not doing it and it would be my preference. BUT my dh feels differently and they are his children as well. i feel it's a completely unecessary procedure that can cause more problems than not...but my dh doesn't feel this way. i just think that sometimes we choose peace in our marriage over fighting over something that is done everyday no matter how strongly we feel against it...our partner may feel that strongly for it.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:40 PM   #16
myajdw
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoria View Post
well when it comes to control over someone elses body and lives, its up to the most educated person to make the decisions and tell the less educated one to shut up unless they know what they are talking about. unfounded beliefs should not be enough for you to not stand in the way of someone mutilating your sons body for NO GOOD REASON, especially if you woudl prefer it not be done. thats the weak womans excuse. We are not subserviant to our husbands. If you know better you do better, you dont allow a wrong to be done because you dont wanna piss of your husband.

well i guess i am weak then.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:42 PM   #17
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Thanks for personally attacking me...I was trying to be civil and asked very specifically for anyone who has other beliefs to try to understand. I respect my dh's decisions as well...and like I said, just b/c I was uncomfortable about it didn't mean I was educated against it...and I WILL be discussing it in great depth with him regaurding this child. I am the farthest thing from a weak woman and for you to assume that from one post of mine is rediculous.

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:58 PM   #18
toni520
Registered Users

Quote:
This is rediculous, I dont know about other people but I think marriage is about working together and parenthood is about coming to a decision that is best for your child. There could be several reasons why Chantily's DH would perfer to have it done and what kind of BS would it be for her to say he doesn't get a say. This is his child to, yes she feels strongly about it and who will win this little "battle" is yet to be seen, but to call a woman weak or subserviant strictly on the basis that she intends to respect and compromise with her DH's point of view is outrageous.
toni520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:08 PM   #19
myajdw
seller
seller

My Mood:

toni, stand up for your applause.... .

i don't know since when NOT fighting in a marriage makes up bad women...but apparently it does.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:41 PM   #20
ecoria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my DH and i argued about this. he also had unfounded reasons. regardless of how strongly he felt, his opinion was uneducated, mine was educated. I win! we;re not talking about something minor here like a hair cut, this is your sons foreskin and his civil rights being removed without his consent. if your husband wanted to remove a finger woudl you say ok? i assure you, your son will get much less use out of his pinky than he would out of his foreskin!