Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2007, 10:34 AM   #11
dwmama
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 24
Re: Circ

My boys aren't either

Advertisement

dwmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #12
tillers72's Avatar
tillers72
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 2,744
My Mood:
Re: Circ

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberof2 View Post
I just can't believe all the women out there are so adamently for BFing, CDing, APing and then are like yeah, I got my son circed because his daddy is? What in the world is that about? I tried sending out an informative article a hyper link to a web page with fair information in favor of leaving boys intact and most of them didn't even bother reading it So Frustrating.
How do you respond to people like that? Any advice would be appreciated because I would really love to just walk away from a conversation and not feel like i need to
thanks in advance and
Amber
Here's the thing...with ds1, I truely didn't know better and it was completely dh's decision...with ds2, I was still a bit uneducated on it, and cried when they took him from me to do it. I'm going to seriously fight with this one to keep him intact...but I'm not the only parent in the kid's lives and just like I can't criticize you for your parenting, my dh's beliefs and stuff (however unfounded they may be) are still his own and they are his children too. I know there are many cans of worms to be opened with this thread and I almost didn't respond to it...but PLEASE try to understand that we all have our reasons even if they don't coincide with yours! (and even if we don't necessarily agree with them either, they are the choices that have been made and we can't undo them no matter how badly we would like to ) That all being said, I'm off to bed and have a wonderful day...and please don't flame me for what we do in our household!
__________________
Chantily~wife to my soul mate and sahm to 3 lively boys! A-6 J-3 S-1, 1 min pin, Buster and 1 kitty, Bob

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:32 PM   #13
Camellia's Avatar
Camellia
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In Forks waiting for Edward.
Posts: 3,348
My Mood:
Re: Circ

Our son is intact. I also think baby boys should be given the same right as baby girls. Genital integrity for all!
__________________
Ky Baby Knits is now:
Camellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:33 PM   #14
ecoria's Avatar
ecoria
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 864
My Mood:
Re: Circ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillers72 View Post
my dh's beliefs and stuff (however unfounded they may be) are still his own and they are his children too. I know there are many cans of worms to be opened with this thread and I almost didn't respond to it...but PLEASE try to understand that we all have our reasons even if they don't coincide with yours!
well when it comes to control over someone elses body and lives, its up to the most educated person to make the decisions and tell the less educated one to shut up unless they know what they are talking about. unfounded beliefs should not be enough for you to not stand in the way of someone mutilating your sons body for NO GOOD REASON, especially if you woudl prefer it not be done. thats the weak womans excuse. We are not subserviant to our husbands. If you know better you do better, you dont allow a wrong to be done because you dont wanna piss of your husband.
__________________
Lisa - 's wife and Super-Crunchy, WAHMommy to Jeremy - 4/13/06 - and Johnathan Joseph, aka "J.J." - 4/1/08 - 6 weeks early! ISO medium MONSTER dipes or 2T monkey ANYTHING or Mr. Magoo stuff! TRY ME!
http://www.BBCreations.biz - Accepting PP and RME!
ecoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:38 PM   #15
myajdw's Avatar
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,887
My Mood:
Re: Circ

i'm sorry, i'm with chantily on this one. where, yes i DID NOT want my boys circed, i am all for not doing it and it would be my preference. BUT my dh feels differently and they are his children as well. i feel it's a completely unecessary procedure that can cause more problems than not...but my dh doesn't feel this way. i just think that sometimes we choose peace in our marriage over fighting over something that is done everyday no matter how strongly we feel against it...our partner may feel that strongly for it.
__________________
~*Lacey*~Wahm behind Ilori Knits IloriKnits FB Wahm Thread

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:40 PM   #16
myajdw's Avatar
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,887
My Mood:
Re: Circ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoria View Post
well when it comes to control over someone elses body and lives, its up to the most educated person to make the decisions and tell the less educated one to shut up unless they know what they are talking about. unfounded beliefs should not be enough for you to not stand in the way of someone mutilating your sons body for NO GOOD REASON, especially if you woudl prefer it not be done. thats the weak womans excuse. We are not subserviant to our husbands. If you know better you do better, you dont allow a wrong to be done because you dont wanna piss of your husband.

well i guess i am weak then.
__________________
~*Lacey*~Wahm behind Ilori Knits IloriKnits FB Wahm Thread

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:42 PM   #17
tillers72's Avatar
tillers72
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 2,744
My Mood:
Re: Circ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoria View Post
well when it comes to control over someone elses body and lives, its up to the most educated person to make the decisions and tell the less educated one to shut up unless they know what they are talking about. unfounded beliefs should not be enough for you to not stand in the way of someone mutilating your sons body for NO GOOD REASON, especially if you woudl prefer it not be done. thats the weak womans excuse. We are not subserviant to our husbands. If you know better you do better, you dont allow a wrong to be done because you dont wanna piss of your husband.
Thanks for personally attacking me...I was trying to be civil and asked very specifically for anyone who has other beliefs to try to understand. I respect my dh's decisions as well...and like I said, just b/c I was uncomfortable about it didn't mean I was educated against it...and I WILL be discussing it in great depth with him regaurding this child. I am the farthest thing from a weak woman and for you to assume that from one post of mine is rediculous.
__________________
Chantily~wife to my soul mate and sahm to 3 lively boys! A-6 J-3 S-1, 1 min pin, Buster and 1 kitty, Bob

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:58 PM   #18
toni520
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 181
Re: Circ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoria View Post
well when it comes to control over someone elses body and lives, its up to the most educated person to make the decisions and tell the less educated one to shut up unless they know what they are talking about. unfounded beliefs should not be enough for you to not stand in the way of someone mutilating your sons body for NO GOOD REASON, especially if you woudl prefer it not be done. thats the weak womans excuse. We are not subserviant to our husbands. If you know better you do better, you dont allow a wrong to be done because you dont wanna piss of your husband.
This is rediculous, I dont know about other people but I think marriage is about working together and parenthood is about coming to a decision that is best for your child. There could be several reasons why Chantily's DH would perfer to have it done and what kind of BS would it be for her to say he doesn't get a say. This is his child to, yes she feels strongly about it and who will win this little "battle" is yet to be seen, but to call a woman weak or subserviant strictly on the basis that she intends to respect and compromise with her DH's point of view is outrageous.
toni520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:08 PM   #19
myajdw's Avatar
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,887
My Mood:
Re: Circ

toni, stand up for your applause.... .

i don't know since when NOT fighting in a marriage makes up bad women...but apparently it does.
__________________
~*Lacey*~Wahm behind Ilori Knits IloriKnits FB Wahm Thread

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:41 PM   #20
ecoria's Avatar
ecoria
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 864
My Mood:
Re: Circ

my DH and i argued about this. he also had unfounded reasons. regardless of how strongly he felt, his opinion was uneducated, mine was educated. I win! we;re not talking about something minor here like a hair cut, this is your sons foreskin and his civil rights being removed without his consent. if your husband wanted to remove a finger woudl you say ok? i assure you, your son will get much less use out of his pinky than he would out of his foreskin!
__________________
Lisa - 's wife and Super-Crunchy, WAHMommy to Jeremy - 4/13/06 - and Johnathan Joseph, aka "J.J." - 4/1/08 - 6 weeks early! ISO medium MONSTER dipes or 2T monkey ANYTHING or Mr. Magoo stuff! TRY ME!
http://www.BBCreations.biz - Accepting PP and RME!
ecoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.