Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
Lovely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Worried about 3rd delivery.

With my daughter I nearly bled to death during childbirth. I was an inch away from a transfusion and passed out cold for over 4 hours. With my son, the 2nd birth, things went a little more smoothly. I did bleed but not AS heavily. They had to give me some sort of shot both times to help stop the bleeding, and something to help with some mild convulsions with my son.

My dads bio mom died giving birth to him and he was the 3rd child. I really want another child but I have an enormous fear over dieing during this delivery. Is this normal? Is there any possible correlation between her death and being linked to me. No one else on my dads side has had 3 births.

Advertisement

Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:30 PM   #2
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Worried about 3rd delivery.

maybe find out the cause of her death to see if it was related to hemorrhage, but i think since your doctors know to be ready as a result of your history, you should be ok...

try taking alfalfa during the last half of your pregnancy...it really helps with bleeding,.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:34 PM   #3
Lovely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckstar View Post
maybe find out the cause of her death to see if it was related to hemorrhage, but i think since your doctors know to be ready as a result of your history, you should be ok...

try taking alfalfa during the last half of your pregnancy...it really helps with bleeding,.
Is that in a pill form? Excuse my density, I just don't want to eat it or something. I had a different doctor with my 1st pregnancy, but informed my doc the 2nd time. I'll see if I can find out why, I just know she bled to death within an hour after giving birth to my dad. She delivered at home but was rushed to the hospital but died shortly after.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
musicalisa
Registered Users
seller

This is TOTALLY not what you were asking about in this thread, but I've read that ingesting a small piece of placenta can prevent postpartum hemorrhage. I'm sure there are other women here who know more about it than I do.
musicalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:42 PM   #5
Lovely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalisa View Post
This is TOTALLY not what you were asking about in this thread, but I've read that ingesting a small piece of placenta can prevent postpartum hemorrhage. I'm sure there are other women here who know more about it than I do.
OMG, I think I just threw up a little. Lol. Girl, I can't even swallow cough medicine! haha.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:53 AM   #6
oddduck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mom had very quick labours, and hemorrhaged with both. She required multiple units of blood with my brother (her second). He was 9lbs 14oz and born after ~45 minutes of active labour.

Have you spoke to your care provider regarding your concerns? I'm sure if your OB looked over your file from your first birth they'd be able to assess any outstanding risk with a 3rd.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:13 AM   #7
musicalisa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
OMG, I think I just threw up a little. Lol. Girl, I can't even swallow cough medicine! haha.
LOL well I kind of wondered when you said you didn't want to eat alfalfa above, but I figured it was worth a shot!!
musicalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:19 AM   #8
Lovely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
LOL well I kind of wondered when you said you didn't want to eat alfalfa above, but I figured it was worth a shot!!
Yes, I think in that situation I'd choose the alfalfa.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:21 AM   #9
Lovely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddduck View Post
My mom had very quick labours, and hemorrhaged with both. She required multiple units of blood with my brother (her second). He was 9lbs 14oz and born after ~45 minutes of active labour.

Have you spoke to your care provider regarding your concerns? I'm sure if your OB looked over your file from your first birth they'd be able to assess any outstanding risk with a 3rd.
That's true. When I get my BFP and make my appointment I'll talk to my doc again. My first was 9 lbs and I spent an hour and a half pushing, after 23 hours of labor.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:29 AM   #10
RochelleS
Registered Users
Formerly: shae
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
This is TOTALLY not what you were asking about in this thread, but I've read that ingesting a small piece of placenta can prevent postpartum hemorrhage.
You can dry it and put it in capsules so you don't taste anything at all. However, if you're taking it for hemorrhage, you would need it more urgently and wouldn't be able to wait for the time it takes to dry it and encapsulate it. Here is an article about the benefits!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/289824/placentophagia_benefits_of_eating_the.html?cat=52