Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-27-2009, 02:35 PM   #11
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who went to Jo-Anns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennagilbert View Post
I was actually going to start a thread asking what everyone got! I went a little crazy... okay I went bonkers! I'm NOT going to say how much I spent (too much!), but I will say after cashing out the cashier said I saved over$600! So I don't feel that bad. I plan on starting an etsy soon and seeling soakers/skirties... So I'm stockin up! After I sell my diaper lot, I plan on getting 10 yds of hemp fleece, some knit, and cotton velour. Then I think I'll be stocked up for AWHILE! I got there at 5:30am, there was about 20 people in line, and about 20 after me. I was the 5th person to get my fabric cut, you have no idea the looks people where giving me... BAH!
You and I got a couple of the same fabrics ... the tie dye skully and the swirly flowers! Love those prints.

Advertisement

GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:07 PM   #12
FaithandAndrewsMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I got there alittle after 7 and grabbed my number and I think there were around 100 ahead of me! They were calling C23 and I was E00! They had like 8 cutting, so I had plenty of time to shop! I think I got 14 different flannel prints! 4 stretch velvet, thread, and just 2 colors in the fleece! I only went over my budget by $40+, but I saved $263!!
Old 11-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #13
spacetygrss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just got back a little while ago. It wasn't bad although there was a wait to get fabric cut.
I went crazy on Paton's wool yarn since they are 2 for $8 (for my upcoming practice longies) and some extra-bulky yarn for the scarf that I'm going to try to knit. I also got some Dylon, iron on appliques and new knitting needles.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #14
mamaof10
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Ok heres my JoAnns haul for the day.

$66 in fabric

and $199 for the sewing machine.

Glad I sold my car last week
AND Karlee (21 mos), AND Jessika Dawn 7-6-11!
mamaof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #15
xmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Got a few yards of fleece and flannel plus some $0.99 patterns
Old 11-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #16
JessieV
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't make it today, is it worth going tomorrow? I see there's another 20% off coupon for Saturday morning so I was thinking of going, couldn't make it today, DH had to work and I didn't wanna bring a fussy sick baby out in the cold.

My knit gallery My Ravelry
JessieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:33 PM   #17
kelly_jeanie
Registered Users
seller

I went! It was right next door to the Target we went to at 5 so we were there before 6. It was really quiet! I had to stand in line for a while because the people in front of me were getting a lot of fabric. I only got a little fabric. I did get some quilting supplies, the rolling organizer doorbuster, some batting, and other little things. It was fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieV View Post
I didn't make it today, is it worth going tomorrow? I see there's another 20% off coupon for Saturday morning so I was thinking of going, couldn't make it today, DH had to work and I didn't wanna bring a fussy sick baby out in the cold.
There were a lot of great 3-day deals, wouldn't hurt!
Old 11-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #18
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i needed the 4" thick foam to redo my outdoor furniture cushions. that stuff is normally $59.95 a yard!!!!! i had my 50% off coupon and got a single piece which was 2.5 yards long normally $150--i scored for $75 and then a full bolt of natural flannel which i use for pad inners. for $1.49 a yard instead of $4.99 a yard. THEN----- i got an addtional 20% off my entire order at the checkout with a second coupon!!! SOOOOO. i got all that for $90 total!!! score for me!!!
Old 11-27-2009, 06:41 PM   #19
twopeas
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellemomx3 View Post
I did! I went at 8 a.m. and was out in about 30 minutes. It was no busier than any other sale or normal day. Actually it was better because there were employees putting things back! Spent less time waiting at the cutting counter than I normally do. I didn't get a lot, mostly flannel and a very little bit of fleece. Spent $40.
I could copy and paste what you wrote for me!

I was so scared from everyone's posts about last year but I actually enjoyed myself. I was the only one in the flannel section. But now I have to actually sew something!

ETA: And I bought a walking foot! Big step for me.

Last edited by twopeas; 11-27-2009 at 06:43 PM.
twopeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:02 PM   #20
kelly_jeanie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeas View Post
ETA: And I bought a walking foot! Big step for me.
Walking foot...step...this made me smile. Back on topic...

I just got my first walking foot a few weeks ago, it's awesome! You will love it.