Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-27-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Who went to Jo-Anns?

And what did you score?!?!

I got there at quarter till 6 and got 22 yards of fleece and 17 yards of flannel. And I only went $25 over budget. BUT, I was only the 3rd person at the cutting counter, and got a young sales lady, which was great 'cause she was FAST!!! I am so excited to start sewing!

mommy2abigail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:33 AM   #2
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
My Mood:
Re: Who went to Jo-Anns?

I did! I went at 8 a.m. and was out in about 30 minutes. It was no busier than any other sale or normal day. Actually it was better because there were employees putting things back! Spent less time waiting at the cutting counter than I normally do. I didn't get a lot, mostly flannel and a very little bit of fleece. Spent $40.
Michelle, mom to DD (7/9/99), DD (11/12/01), and DS (4/17/07); wife to DH (8/31/96)
GEM (Green and Economical by Michelle) Cloth
***Clearance Prices on Cloth Pad Sets!***
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
Registered Users
Formerly: ShortStackCustoms
My Mood:

I was actually going to start a thread asking what everyone got! I went a little crazy... okay I went bonkers! I'm NOT going to say how much I spent (too much!), but I will say after cashing out the cashier said I saved over$600! So I don't feel that bad. I plan on starting an etsy soon and seeling soakers/skirties... So I'm stockin up! After I sell my diaper lot, I plan on getting 10 yds of hemp fleece, some knit, and cotton velour. Then I think I'll be stocked up for AWHILE! I got there at 5:30am, there was about 20 people in line, and about 20 after me. I was the 5th person to get my fabric cut, you have no idea the looks people where giving me... BAH!

Crushed panne (the lady who cut it folded it with the shinny side in, I wasn't about to unfold, and refold all that fabric!)

And to top it all off! Heres a photo of it all on out futon, so you can get an idea of how much I got! I'm crazy!

WOAH MOMMA! I sorta wish I had taken more time to look at the fabrics, but there where too many people grabing things, so I grabed also! Plus, the flannel aisle was just way to crowded, so I just grabed a couple things. I'm gonna make momma pads out of all that pretty flannel! I just got done pre-washing it all!
Crunchy, crazy, loving, mother to my wonderful DD (05/26/09) And TOTALLY addicted!
Check out my pockets, fitteds, and wool for sale~!
quirkbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #4
Registered Users

i went around 9ish. it wasn't any busier than any other weekend day. (it's a smaller store, not one of the big super stores, i went to the smaller one on purpose to avoid the crowd). I got about 7 yards of flannel, one yard of corduroy and a bunch of thread.
jenna, wife to andy, mama to natalie born 06.18.08 and paisley 09.25.11
jennak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08

I went but bought a yard of fleece for diapers, some flannel for DS (making him a blanket) and some flannel for more diapers, knit interlock (used 50% off coupon), then went to big lots and bought a $5 throw blanket 60x70" which is microsuede! Cheaper than what I could buy it by the yard!
Mama of 3 little munchkins!

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #6
Registered Users

I went this morning at 7ish. The lines were bad but moving quickly. I didn't have time to dig through fabric since we're moving today, so I just grabbed wool and got in line. I got 7 patons and a lion fisherman, plus a ball of cotton for dishclothes for a total of $28. If I have time later on I may go back but the home decor fabrics aren't part of it which are the main thing I need atm. But I got lots for woolies for DS for Christmas!

Sorry no pics, we're running bare bones while packing and moving today
Spinning/knitting/crochet mama behind the Woodland Pixie
Mama to Pi 9/14/08 Pixie 6/5/11 and Baby E 5/2/13 !
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:56 PM   #7
Registered Users
My Mood:

I got there at 530...I was out by 630. I only went for a new sewing machine though. lol. I didnt even bother with fabric. I have a ton left from last year still and it was NUTS on the fabric side. I might go back later tongiht and grab a few yards of fleece for backing some fleece blankets but I think thats it.
Amanda- WIDOWED mama of 10 RIP Kevin 2/10/73 - 2/18/09 hug your dh, you never know
SAHM of Arianna (13), James (12), Kristopher (11), Alexandria (8), Abbigale (7), Ayden (5), Konner (4),
Kady a breech vaginal delivery- 9-26-08!!
AND Karlee (21 mos), AND Jessika Dawn 7-6-11!
mamaof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #8
Treasures From Elf
My Mood:

I'm thinking of going to get some pompom makers and some fleece for PJs
momma of 6 Angels : 06/18/03 and 06/08/11
Treasures From Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:52 PM   #9
Hopper Graphics
Registered Users
My Mood:

I did! I got 2 of the biggest skeins of yarn I've ever seen (650+ yards each) of GORGEOUS girly rainbow yarn for about $8.50. I also got 4 nice pairs of craft scissors and a few packages of cute buttons. My total was $13
Hopper Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #10
Registered Users
My Mood:

I went around 845 and on the advice of you ladies grabbed my cutting number as soon as I got there. GREAT ADVICE! We shopped for a half hour and stood for another 20 minutes.
Got miles of felt to make a playhouse for DD via homemade by jill normally I like wool felt but for 1.99 plus coupon when you are buying 10 yards I don't mind!

Well here we go again!
SchatziB is offline   Reply With Quote