Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
Whimsy Twist
Registered Users
Formerly: Lilymomma
seller

My Mood:
EBF 7mo Twins and Low Supply due to Pregnancy

I need to start supplementing. They are not happy and are hungry. Anyone have anything to say to make this easier on me? Feeling kind of crappy...

I hate the way the formula smells, I just want to nurse...

Advertisement

Whimsy Twist
for the love of color...
find me on Facebook or Etsy
Whimsy Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
Lisonh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: EBF 7mo Twins and Low Supply due to Pregnancy

Oh mama , I don't really know what to say . Sorry you're going through this . hugs to you and your babies .
Wife to John IV , SAHM to John V 10 yrs old , Louis-Philippe 4 yrs old and Naomi Rae Soleil 12/01/2008 http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=358135http://www.youdata.com/join/lisonh My ISO list http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...8#post11707288
Lisonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
CherylKind
Registered Users
seller

hugs mama. You're amazing! Right now your body is telling you to slow down... you are nourishing 4 people with one body, and you have to slow down, even though it is hard to do. Keep on nursing them as you feel able to, and try hard not to beat yourself up when your body gives you signs on slowing down.

And of course, drink lots of water, eat plenty of oatmeals and healthy grains, loads of proteins and fresh veggies/fruits, and try nettle/alfalpha teas, which are fine durring pregnancy.

Be so proud of yourself. You are giving all of your babies a the absolute best start, and it shows that you are an awesome mama for sure!

ISO Vananai Valensole 4.5 wrap and BBSlen Turkish Delight Shorty
CherylKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

First off, you should be soooooo proud of yourself. I am sure it is not easy to nurse twins!~ It's hard enough to nurse one baby. So you have done sooooo awesome to not give up on that battle for as you long as you have. You have done wonderful! They are 7mo. old so you have given them such a wonderful start. Don't feel bad to supplement, they need a healthy mom to take care of them...so do what you need to do for your body. You have already given them such a gift , so you shouldn't feel guilty at all. Your body can only handle so much, so just go by the cues from your body. If it becomes too much to nurse at all, then don't feel guilty to give it up completely. Being pregnant, and nursing and nursing twins at that is sooo tough on your body. Take it easy, and feel proud. Goodluck momma!

ETA: OMG I am super jealous that you were able to get preg. while nursing twins. I have a 4mo. old and still haven't gotten preg., although we are trying!!!!!
Old 11-28-2009, 03:01 PM   #5
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd go with domaperimone if you can. worked fast for me
Old 11-28-2009, 04:54 PM   #6
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
I'd go with domaperimone if you can. worked fast for me
domperidone is not safe while preggo
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #7
christinelynne
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mOmof3 View Post
domperidone is not safe while preggo
It's also illegal to prescribe or dispense it in the U.S. - it is not FDA approved for any use in this country.
christinelynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #8
Whimsy Twist
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinelynne View Post
It's also illegal to prescribe or dispense it in the U.S. - it is not FDA approved for any use in this country.
You are right that it is not FDA approved, but it's not illegal- I've found two providers to prescribe it, and I'm sure they care more about their reputations and licenses than my milk supply. As for the pharmacy- you just need to find a compounding pharmacy with capabilities to make it breastfeedingonline.com has a lot of good information! Vitamins are not FDA approved...

Domperidone is a class C during pregnancy, and I'm not trying to boost my supply. It's time for my body to nourish this pregnancy. I'm just a little thrown off by things happening so quickly. Establishing breastfeeding took SO much work, as my twins were born at 28 weeks and spent 2 months in the NICU. There was literally blood, sweat and tears to make this possible, and now it's been taken away faster than planned by this pregnancy (totally unplanned).

Thank you for the kind words- it does help to hear them.

Whimsy Twist
for the love of color...
Old 11-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #9
Whimsy Twist
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
First off, you should be soooooo proud of yourself. I am sure it is not easy to nurse twins!~ It's hard enough to nurse one baby. So you have done sooooo awesome to not give up on that battle for as you long as you have. You have done wonderful! They are 7mo. old so you have given them such a wonderful start. Don't feel bad to supplement, they need a healthy mom to take care of them...so do what you need to do for your body. You have already given them such a gift , so you shouldn't feel guilty at all. Your body can only handle so much, so just go by the cues from your body. If it becomes too much to nurse at all, then don't feel guilty to give it up completely. Being pregnant, and nursing and nursing twins at that is sooo tough on your body. Take it easy, and feel proud. Goodluck momma!

ETA: OMG I am super jealous that you were able to get preg. while nursing twins. I have a 4mo. old and still haven't gotten preg., although we are trying!!!!!
Thank you for saying all this!

As for getting pregnant, I got my cycle back at 6 weeks post partum. I was exclusively pumping for the first month because of their prematurity, and I'm sure that that is why. When I EBF'd my DD1, I didn't get a cycle for 9+ months, and it took us over 14 months to conceive. We used NFP and mostly cervical mucus to finding fertile times, and actually ended up on Clomid (hence the twins!) for one cycle, when we got pregnant! GOOD LUCK TTC! It's such and emotional journey~

Whimsy Twist
for the love of color...
Old 11-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #10
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just wanted to add that you can always get on MilkShare and seek out breastmilk. We've been blessed by donor milk from some awesome mamas and haven't had to use formula at all.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote