Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-28-2009, 09:41 PM   #11
Whimsy Twist
Registered Users
Formerly: Lilymomma
My Mood:
Re: EBF 7mo Twins and Low Supply due to Pregnancy

Originally Posted by mumma1010 View Post
I just wanted to add that you can always get on MilkShare and seek out breastmilk. We've been blessed by donor milk from some awesome mamas and haven't had to use formula at all.
We have been using a lot of donor milk, pretty much from the get go. My daughter LOVES to nurse, but she never learned how to transfer milk efficiently, and after a small surgery after they were born, I had supply issues (that were finally being resolved...). She nurses a few times a day, but NEEDS to have milk via bottle. She was even hospitalized because we thought she was getting the hang of nursing properly, but she wasn't and became failure to thrive and dehydrated. So, maybe EBF isn't the right term, in my title, but EBM would be?! I hadn't thought of going to milk share though. We have two moms who pump for us, and so far it's been enough for her, but not enough for myh other twin to share. She NEEDS the BM because of reflux issues, and the other one will tolerate the formula fine, so this is where we are stuck. Thanks for the info!

Whimsy Twist
for the love of color...
find me on Facebook or Etsy
Whimsy Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:02 AM   #12
Registered Users
Re: EBF 7mo Twins and Low Supply due to Pregnancy

You know, I apologize for coming in here and being so brusque. Sometimes I just zero in on one issue and lose track of the context.

Let me say, your babies are so lucky to have you as a mom - it sounds like you have done some phenomenal work to breastfeed your twins!

I don't know if this helps at all, but at 7 mo their guts should be much better equipped to handle foods other than mama milk, including formula. The most important thing is that you clearly love them and want to do the best thing you can for them!
christinelynne is offline   Reply With Quote