Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2006, 04:50 PM   #1
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:
Is this normal?

Ok so I am brand spankin' new to CD'ing...i've got a AIO and a few fitteds so far. Waiting on a bunch more...anywho my question is that a short time after putting it on the outside front is already damp...course i have a cover on but is that normal? i use doublers also...do i need more doublers? i'm so used to sposies...how often should you change them?? these have to be no-brainer questions but you never know until you ask! also...i dried a cover in the dryer (oops!) and now in the crotch the pee is leaking through...did i just ruin my cover!? thanks ladies!

Advertisement

Old 05-25-2006, 04:53 PM   #2
hollyhobby30
Registered Users
seller

Re: Is this normal?

Are they new AIO's and fitteds? What is the inners made of?
I know my new AIO's need to be washed a couple times before they become absorbant. What covers are you using?

Last edited by hollyhobby30; 05-25-2006 at 05:08 PM.
hollyhobby30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:57 PM   #3
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

^ yeah that

You do have to change more often with cloth.

What kind of fitteds are you using? You may just have a super soaker that needs something heavy duty. I would suggest pockets (they work like a charm for us). And, there are a ton to chose from!

I think it would help if you told us what it was made of, brand, etc...

And, you can dry covers in the dryer it wont hurt them - just dont do it ALL the time but every once in awhile is fine. What kind of cover is it?

Maybe you have a little build up? What detergent are you using?
Old 05-25-2006, 05:15 PM   #4
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:

Let's see...one is a peewell and i think the inner terry maybe? that's what i feels like and looks like...the other is sugarbritches and i don't know what the inner is made of. i don't have any problem with AIO i have the cover is an angel dry. i just bought a little beetle hemp fitted cuz i heard hemp is supposed to be really absorbant...haven't got to try this one yet. so pretty much it sounds like my little boy is a super soaker lol
Old 05-25-2006, 07:26 PM   #5
jodi5
Registered Users

My son is a super soaker. When I put on a fitted, if he wets before I get the cover on, I can see it wet through the diaper in seconds. This is with layers of hemp etc. I find my diapers do feel wet on the outside but that the wetness slowly travels towardsl the back of the dipe. The cover though stays dry and there are no leaks. I don't worry that it is a little wet, as long as you don't leak. I change dipes every 2-3 hours without any problems.

I put my covers in the dryer every so often. I always put them in the dryer when they are new to get any holes in the stitching sealed. I normally do this the first 2-3 times I wash and then leave them alone after that. If there is any wetness in the crotch, for me that means there wasn't enough absorbancy or there are still oils on the new fabrics that need to be broken in. Perhaps add a squirt of dawn when you wash them to help removing any oils and wash on hot.