Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2007, 07:24 AM   #1
GodStillTalks
Registered Users
seller

Selective Vax?

OK- up to this point I have been avoiding the whole vaccine thing. My oldest son has all of his shots because he is in school. But now I have 2 preschoolers and a baby. I can't just put it off forever.

I am not happy with just blindly following a vaccine schedule and loading my kids up on shots. I also don't want to just not get any. I would like to educate myself on each vaccine so I can make a wise decision as to which ones to give my children, if any.

Also- how do you get your children into school if they haven't been vax'd?

I also have a legitimate concern because a while ago when little Abbie got a few shots she broke out ALL over. My kids are very sensitive and I am afraid of a bad reaction.

I wish there was a way to undo vaccines- I can't believe I got my oldest that dumb chicken pox vaccine. What a crock! They wouldn't let him start school without it.

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2007, 08:05 AM   #2
benjason
Registered Users
seller

Re: Selective Vax?

I'm planning to selectively/delay vax my youngest. He just turned 1 and hasn't had any yet. I'm going to do one shot at a time - starting with DTaP and finish one series at a time. My older son has gotten everything except MMR and Chicken pox. I'm going to wait until the very last minute to do the MMR and Chicken pox with both kids. Get a copy of "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations" by Stephanie Cave - she has a section that breaks down each vax and what it does/complications, etc. Very helpful!

Most states have medical and religious exceptions and some states also have the philsophical exception. I would think you'd still have to fill it out if you don't do everything?? but hopefully other mamas will know more about this.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:40 AM   #3
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjason View Post
I'm planning to selectively/delay vax my youngest. He just turned 1 and hasn't had any yet. I'm going to do one shot at a time - starting with DTaP and finish one series at a time. My older son has gotten everything except MMR and Chicken pox. I'm going to wait until the very last minute to do the MMR and Chicken pox with both kids. Get a copy of "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations" by Stephanie Cave - she has a section that breaks down each vax and what it does/complications, etc. Very helpful!

Most states have medical and religious exceptions and some states also have the philsophical exception. I would think you'd still have to fill it out if you don't do everything?? but hopefully other mamas will know more about this.
excellent book
Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:16 AM   #4
ndunn
Registered Users
seller

Another one is
How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of your Doctor by Robert Mehndelson

and I found these two videos a good introduction when I was first starting out

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=vaccine&hl=en

http://www.dark-truth.org/okt19-2006-2.html