Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2009, 08:32 AM   #11
SillyEllie
Registered Users
Formerly: ardygurly
seller

My Mood:
Re: Afraid to get started CDing

dd was also breastfed AND formulafed and I thought both cleaned just as well. When they are not eating solids you don't have to shake or spray your diapers in the toilet. Just wrap everything up like you would a sposie and throw in your washer or pail. DD is almost 16 months now and even still when she has runny poo, I don't spray it, I throw it right in the wash and everything comes out. And to make it easier, just tri-fold your pfs and lay in your covers. That's the easiest way. Then when you start getting more comfortable with cding they you can start folding your pfs. Once you start doing it, it's not that big of a deal. Once you see how much money you are saving it's SO worth it. Even my husband hates using sposies because he sees how much money we save

Advertisement

Old 11-30-2009, 08:52 AM   #12
momofapeanut
Registered Users
seller

I was also incredibly apprehensive with my first. I had this huge stash of brand new BG OS diapers that were too big, so I used that as an excuse for a few months. Plus I had to return to work, again, another excuse. I don't know what finally pushed me to use them. I was so afraid of how they would clean up, how laundry would go, if I could do this!? and keep up!? But I agree with some of the other mamas, once you get a routine down (and aren't afraid of the diapers coming clean) it goes very smoothly. Don't worry about the occasional sposie, or if you have to use them to get the laundry done, it'll work out! Just JUMP in! And go at a pace you feel comfortable. If you aren't comfortable with the little one sleeping in them overnight yet, no biggie! If you're worried about outings, don't use a CD during that time! Get a feel for how your LO does in the diapers you have, you'll figure out a time frame that you need to change and how to quickly change and soon you'll be a pro!

Go for it!
momofapeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #13
Newton
Registered Users

I was a bit nervous to start as well, DD is my first and we started when she was 5 days old. Once you get through the first few, you relax and within a week it feels like a routine. Take it slow, one diaper change at a time and have fun with it (and your new little one)!
Old 11-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #14
skolbut
Registered Users
seller
seller

You are NOT crazy!! It took me 3 months to get up the courage! I was so worried the cloth wouldn't work and would be gross, etc. and now I'm HOOKED!

Try your first cloth at a restful time for you so that if it leaks or you have an issue you can change and clean up quickly. Start with one diaper in between sposie changes and just work your way up! Know that it won't be perfect at first, then you'll get a routine that works and you'll love it. You CAN do it!

BTW, formula poop isn't that gross. It's easy to rinse off, use a sprayer or just dunk n swish. Whatever doesn't come off with a good swishing will come out in the washer. My LO was part time BF part time formula and now is totally on solids and we still do all cloth!
B... newly type II diabetic, wife to B 9/16/05, mama to B 1/23/07 H 9/27/08 (after three years of GI issues FINALLY getting a celiac diagnosis!) and our miracle baby C who joined us 9/6/2011, and is forever greatful to his "milk mamas" who pump for us! We do lots of crunchy things and some soggy things, too.
skolbut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:05 PM   #15
mamamuse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, you guys are awesome! Thanks so much for the encouragement!

I don't know why I was thinking of it as an "all or nothing" type of thing. I honestly never thought about easing into it. It helps to hear that others were apprehensive but ended up loving CD. I really think I'll be that way, too. They're just so darn cute, and you can't beat the money you save over time. That was/is the biggest draw for us!

Thanks again! I'll let you know how it goes...and am sure I will be back with lots more questions once I'm actually doing it!

Kari
mamamuse is offline   Reply With Quote