Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2006, 06:55 PM   #11
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Dr loved the cd!

A pamphlet for CottonBabies! How neat! I have a secret bet with myself that I am the owner of the only Fuzzi Bunz in my town, and possible the only Cloth Diaperer...maybe I could put an ad out in the paper "Looking for Other CD Moms". I doubt I'd get a response lol.

I can't wait to take Alex in a FB. I'm sure our dr has never seen one.

Advertisement

Old 05-25-2006, 07:00 PM   #12
Meisubaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thats great!

We are the only ones in the pratice that CD and every time I bring Ashton in they all rush in the room to see what kind of neat diaper he is wearing. His Dr said well I was cloth diapered too back in the day so I guess its not so bad and even now with the snaps thats got to make it even better. I said yeah its easier to put on but they aren't as cheap as they were back then either. He said at 16 bucks a pop he couldn't afford CDs if he had a lil one now I said sure you could when you see how much sposies are and once you see the ingredients too. He had no idea that bad chemicals were in sposies! He did tell me that he has been suggesting CDs to parents whose child gets rashes often. I guess if he suggests it any other time he will seem pushy.
Meisubaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 07:24 PM   #13
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

linda that is crazy that a ped would say that the cloth would make it worse and of course i'm sure your friend would more than likely believe her pd over her "crazy" friend!! the #1 cause of diaper rash is chemicals in sposies NOT pee!!!! a pediatrician should know that! that angers me!
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 07:33 PM   #14
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

Cam had his 15 month appointment last week. I'm the total dork who planned out which dipe he would wear, so that everyone could see how cute and awesome cloth is now!

The nurses didn't say anything, but when the Dr went to check Cam, he couldn't figure out all the snaps! He said he'd never seen a diaper like this one and thought it was so cool. He'd only seen "old" cloth! (Cam was wearing a FF I think!) My Dr is super cool about that kind of stuff!

Linda--I'm sorry to hear about your son. Camden has that same problem. We were on that formula from about 5 months on. (He also has FTT and other various problems). I hope your insurance company can help you with the cost of that formula--it's killer. Good luck and health to your sweetie.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:40 PM   #15
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also keep lightly suggesting cloth to my friend -her daughter is 15 months old and she's pretty much had a non-stop rash for a year now - a YEAR! She just slathers on desitin and puts a sposie on. Also, I think part of the problem is she wants to save money so she only changes the diaper a few times per day I don't know why people do that - it totally annoys me. A young MOm in my Mom's neighborhood does that too- she said, "Diapers are so expensive, so I only change him if he poops. I usually just change him 2 or 3 times per day" (that includes a new diaper for bedtime) oy.

Its sad that some docs have never seen a cloth diaper! that's scary, actually. I also have never met anyone IRL who cloth diapers - except the woman in my town that I sold my small FB's to from Craig's list.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:47 PM   #16
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

So neat that he liked the cloth diaper. So far the ones we have been too are just so so about them. I would love it if one really liked them.
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 07:54 PM   #17
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

my oldest ds also had to do formula, he constantly had diahrrhea and vomiting. we had to do the nutramigin, $25 for a normal sized can. we had wic though, which was a blessing. they of course paid for less cans than of the regular stuff and weren't very nice about him having to be on that, like they didn't believe me or something. we not only had to have the regular note from the dr but a HAND WRITTEN one as well, it was ridiculous. we still ended up having to buy about 2 cans a month though. and it took us forever to figure out what the problem was, he was losing weight and everything. once on the nutramigin he chunkied right up though! it was hard b/c he wasn't fussy at all...ever, they called him "happy to starve" i think. good luck with all of it mama!
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:14 PM   #18
Careynickole
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4
I wish all docs were so enlightened. A friend of mine's little 1 mo. old has a bad rash, and I suggested that CD'ing might help. She asked her pediatrician, who told her that it would make things much worse! I know our pediatrician will think it's cool.
I brought my ds into the doc with a bad rash and he said to use cloth -- which he had on. He also said cloth wipes. The alochol in the store wipes and that sposies don't breathe well make it worse.
Careynickole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:32 AM   #19
lepler
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myajdw
my oldest ds also had to do formula, he constantly had diahrrhea and vomiting. we had to do the nutramigin, $25 for a normal sized can. we had wic though, which was a blessing. they of course paid for less cans than of the regular stuff and weren't very nice about him having to be on that, like they didn't believe me or something. we not only had to have the regular note from the dr but a HAND WRITTEN one as well, it was ridiculous. we still ended up having to buy about 2 cans a month though. and it took us forever to figure out what the problem was, he was losing weight and everything. once on the nutramigin he chunkied right up though! it was hard b/c he wasn't fussy at all...ever, they called him "happy to starve" i think. good luck with all of it mama!
We tried Alumintum(sp) but it made him worse. I'm sorry you had to go through this too. I am SO sad about having to wean him. I've cried alot over it. I'm happy he feels better though. I'm going to try to get the dr to write a letter to our insurance company. This stuff is WAY too expensive! Elijah has definitely not lost weight. He is well over 20lbs at 5 mos! He ate whether it made him feel bad or not.

Linda
lepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:56 AM   #20
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

I love getting great response from the peds and nurses when I have to go with Mason to the Doc! All of them have only had nice comments about them. The younger ones (nurses) never seen them and were astonished how 'cool' they looked (I always use some 'show off' dipes for those times ) and the older ones (peds) were amazed by the modern version vs. 'old fashioned' cloth.
I hope your DS will get better soon!