Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #61
taralee2001
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: ATTS: Thursday December 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls26 View Post

DH was called up this evening! He is deploying to Iraq somewhere between June-August 2010

He's in the Army National Guard, this will be his 1st deployment.

I don't know if we should TTC up to the point he leaves or stop so I am not alone having a baby I want him to be there for the pregnancy and birth.

I'm so torn!

If we stop it would be until 2011/2012 before we TTC again!

I am 30 I don't have much time left
I still lurk.

I just wanted to respond to your post. Obviously this is a personal choice that you and your DH need to make together, but here are my . DH was home for the pregnancy and birth of our first, and we were lucky enough that he was home for the first nearly 17 months of her life. But now she is getting to be such a fun age and so close to her daddy. It's hard on DH to be missing this time of her life. When it came to TTC #2 we knew that we didn't want to wait till after he came home from his current deployment, we decided that for us it will be easier for him to miss the pregnancy, if need be the birth, and the first few months of the baby's life. He left when I was 7 weeks along and should return home when baby is about 4 1/2 months old. There aren't a lot of huge milestones in the first few months anyway and baby is pretty dependent on mom, especially if you're breastfeeding. For us it was the right decision to TTC up until deployment. Of course I would rather DH not deploy at all, but it's his job and I'm happy with our decision. I don't know if I would feel differently about it if it was baby #1 though.

I'm sorry he's deploying. It's rough, but you can do it. This is our second deployment.

Advertisement

Old 12-03-2009, 06:26 PM   #62
bls26
Registered Users

Thank you Tara you give me inspiration and hope to make the right choice and make it through the deployment. I guess the baby wouldn't remember it's first year of life without daddy there anyways right?

bls26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:31 PM   #63
taralee2001
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Thank you Tara you give me inspiration and hope to make the right choice and make it through the deployment. I guess the baby wouldn't remember it's first year of life without daddy there anyways right?
Exactly. The baby isn't going to miss him and most little ones adjust to having daddy home pretty easily. It sounds like this will probably be his only deployment if he's getting out. If it were me I would just keep trying. Hopefully his chain of command will be accommodating to letting him take his R&R around your due date or when you decide would be best for your family. It's not ideal of course to have daddy gone ever, but it is doable.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:46 PM   #64
bls26
Registered Users

Yes Tara you are right about it all, and this will be his only deployment. I think I've just been freaking out too much and thinking about everything. I need a cup of hot cocoa. Things will be ok and we will get through this. At least if I'm pregnant while he's deployed we'd have Tricare that is a plus.

bls26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #65
jraejohnson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i am just wondering if you ladies could tell me about vitex and primrose oil. i went to the health food store and a lady there suggested i take them. but i don't know how long as i read online you shouldn't take them if pg or during af. has anyone else taken these with any results?
Old 12-03-2009, 07:09 PM   #66
Lovely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyKeller0107 View Post
Jena, 8dpo is possible positive.... so if you can't hold off anymore, do it but don't get disappointed with negs!

Do you have a chart?
I don't. I always feel my ovulation and just go my CM. If I don't get pregnant this cycle though I am going to by a basal therm. and start charting next month.

Quote:

DH was called up this evening! He is deploying to Iraq somewhere between June-August 2010

He's in the Army National Guard, this will be his 1st deployment.

I don't know if we should TTC up to the point he leaves or stop so I am not alone having a baby I want him to be there for the pregnancy and birth.

I'm so torn!

If we stop it would be until 2011/2012 before we TTC again!

I am 30 I don't have much time left
Do whatever is in your heart.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #67
lilsoldiersmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
My heart says make a baby, now the real fun begins in making sure I am pregnant before he leaves! If I got pregnant this cycle I'd be due in August, maybe he wouldn't leave till the end of August then I could possibly be induced 2 weeks early or something, but only if I get pregnant like this weekend or whenever my ovaries cooperate! Then he'd miss the first year of our child's life....ugh it's a loose-loose situation to me he's going to miss something no matter what.
My husband left a few days before my son was 4 months. He got back at around 15 months. I would personally rather him be gone for the pregnancy and possibly birth than the whole first year. He missed all his firsts other than rolling over, smiling and laughing. It was so hard for me to watch him do everything knowing my husband was missing it all. With that said, my son had no problem with my husband when he was back. He had R&R for his first b day which was 8 months after he left and John wanted him sometimes more than he wanted me. But you should just do what you feel would be best for your family.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #68
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Brandie2 - BIG hugs, mama!!!

AFM: I have an important question for you ladies. I have to get my wisdom teeth out. It's not an emergency, but we have just the right amount of flex $ to do it, and if we don't use that $$, it's $1300 down the drain. So DH says I don't get a choice. SO, the big question is, I know it's not safe to have IV anesthesia during pregnancy, and the only thing I found says that it's bad even if you're barely pregnant, but I can't find much info on why. I don't have time tonight to look around a lot. Anyone have any info? I don't want to miss this month TTC, but I don't want to take scary risks either. I would be on CD 28 on the day of the surgery. I can move up the surgery, but DH can't take off work to help out then, so I'd have to hire my sister to come over (which would be great for me, but DH is being cranky tonight).
Old 12-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #69
Lolanae
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Krista - I would talk with your dentist. My BFF had major surgery to remove a cyst during pregnancy and was on IV anesthia.

B2 - Ryan didn't go to Iraq, but he took enough trips to miss a good portion of Alison's first year, including her 1st birthday. She doesn't remember a thing of that. She just loved on him bunches when he was home. Just now at 18 months and older, am I having to deal with her "missing" him really bad.

Lolanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #70
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

B2- oh hon, that's a toughy, but you can do it! I know it seems like forever but there will still be the next 50+ years to catch up!!! hugs. Oh and YOU are NOTTTTT old!!!!! I'll be 36 in July, and I had my first shortly after turning 32. So don't stress yourself about the age thing. It's only a number sweetie. GL whatever you guys choose. I would def think about buying a camcorder and making a video diary of the pg and birth and whatever he will miss, so at least he doesnt' have to "miss" it, ykwim?? Anyways, you will have all the mama's on here too!!!! Ok going back into lurk mode for the day...