Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #11
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Re: My crazy Italian HE Washer....plz help!

I have a similarly crazy machine- I'm in Morocco, have been for 6 months...

we do (based on your list above...)
Cycle A (rinse & spin)
Cycle 2 (hot cotton wash)
Cycle A (rinse & spin)

we use GroBaby diapers from the states and imported tiny bubbles or Planet detergent... but from what I read awhile ago, the Military All Free & Clear should be good too if Nellie's isn't working for you...

and I've got other routines for striping/ boiling/ treating with TTO
so far I've found that my diapers are doing just fine...

I tend to wash every night now though- b/c if I do a "1/2 charge" load instead of the full load, it goes a lot faster... that and we air dry, which takes FOREVER.... so it ensures that we have dry diapers every day- which is kind of essential!!

If I had a base to go to, I'd use their dryer!! ha ha

BTW- never tried adding water, but can't imagine a liter or two of hot water would do any damage... you can always spin an extra time if you need to!

Advertisement

RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:30 PM   #12
nirtak99
Registered Users
seller

Re: My crazy Italian HE Washer....plz help!

My crazy HE machine in Portugal sounds a lot like yours! I have a button to reduce spin speed and can also turn it to zero. In order to add more water I do the "rinse and spin" cycle, but turn the spin off so the water stays in, and then do the normal wash cycle. I think this has helped once I figured that out! I have some really thick nighttime diapers (Very Baby Simply Nights), that soak up all of the water in the regular cycle if I don't do this! You can also try just dumping water on the diapers after you put them in. With a 95C cycle, you probably wouldn't even need to boil it first, since you are adding really hot water to the machine. Good luck.
nirtak99 is offline   Reply With Quote