Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
sdodge
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Super Rough Pregnancy HELP!

Hi all. I am at a point where I don't know what to do. I am 7 weeks along and having a horrible time with this pregnancy. I thought I would be so elated; we ttc for 7 months before getting preggo. I am constantly sick in bed right now. All I want to do is lay around. I feel like I can't even take care of my kids and am letting everyone down. I work "part" time, but my job has been holding me until 2-3 a.m. several nights a week. I feel like I can't do it all anymore. We desperately need the income. I don't have a choice whether to stay overtime or not. I feel like I can't function as a mom, wife or friend and am CONSTANTLY crying. I don't enjoy anything anymore. Is this normal? I was never like this with ds. I worked FT and managed. I just don't know what to do. Is something wrong with me? DH is of no help offering advice. PLEASE HELP!

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Super Rough Pregnancy HELP!

it's hard. being pregnant, working, and taking care of a household that also includes small children. Make sure you eat a good diet and get plenty of rest when able. Let the house be messy, eat some pb&j's and frozen dinners sometimes..it's ok...no one will care in a few months and you'll start feeling more normal. Talk to your husband about needing help around the house and how aweful you're feeling. Talk to your doctor, ask for an earlier appt if possible and explain you think are depressed and would like to speak with the doctor sooner. Perhaps they can offer some reassurance as well.

Good luck mama, this too shall pass!
Old 01-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
Ducko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I feel that way when I'm first pregnant. I think the hormones actually depress me for the first trimester. I also am so sick that it doesn't help my mood. This time around I got on Zofran for nausea/morning sickness and it helped me function and be there for my family. As for the depression it did help that I didn't feel sick all the time but I still wasn't myself. I talked to my doctor about just not being excited about the baby/pregnancy and feeling really guilty that I wasn't giddy. He said it was pretty normal to experience depression with pregnancy. He said we would keep an eye on it and intervene if need be. I'm 22 weeks and still get morning sickness, but my mood improved greatly at about 14 weeks.

I would push to get into your doctor as soon as possible. They are there to help. Also, find a friend or some sort of support for yourself. It's ok to not be superwoman.

Wife to Eric. SAHM to Gray (6/08) and Seth (4/10)

Last edited by Ducko; 01-03-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Ducko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:

I second the Zofran and I don't even take Advil... I resisted with my first pregnancy and then finally gave in. Oh man. I was able to go back to work. I stopped loosing weight. I was able to eat again. It felt amazing. Yes, I was still exhausted. But you can take a Unisom at night. That helps with nausea and helps you sleep a little better. I hope you feel better. You will be out of your first trimester in no time and hopefully the nausea will subside by then.
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:04 PM   #5
turtledance
Registered Users

My Mood:

big hugs. I am sorry you are having such a rough time! I understand how you feel. It took us almost a year to get pregnant and even then it was with medical help. I was thrilled to be pregnant, but I was so sick and exhausted and it has just been so hard. I felt so guilty complaining about it too. I had a lot of depression in early pregnancy too. Mostly from being sick. Zofran helped only a little bit in the first 14 weeks, but it started working much better around that time and even though I have needed it this entire time, it enables me to function. I agree with what everyone else has said. Let the housework go. Don't try to do too much. You will be able to take care of what you let slide now, later. And also talk to your Dr. about what you can take to feel better. Hang in there. It doesn't last forever, even though it feels like it will.

Momma to my crazy little Snuggle Muttin (6-8-07)
and my sweet Cuddle Bug (2-13-10)
turtledance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #6
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hugs to you! I know how you feel and sympathize hugely!! It's so hard to be sick, pregnant, tired and then try to work and look after a family. I'm also feeling like a big blob...........dh has had to step up and take over a lot of responsibility around the house......I feel guilty about that but there's not much that can done about it right now. I think you just have to do what you can to get by......like others said, sometimes they house might get messy and you might not have gourmet dinners but it won't last forever. Also talk to your doc about some meds to help with the nausea.
lrgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:22 AM   #7
JAG's baby mama
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Yeah 7-14 weeks is my most exhausted time in PG. Plus I am hardly eating since food aversions kick my butt in the 1st trimester.

Tell DH he needs to help out more (even if it is more than normal) just so you can get back on your feet. In marriages, sometimes one partner has to carry the heavier load to help out the other. This is his time.

Good luck!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:04 AM   #8
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:09 AM   #9
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ah yes. im right there with ya. Im so bad some days I don't want to stay pregnant. I would never do anything but when you feel like your dying, you just want it to end.
I know my last baby I thought that too. and yes by 13 weeks I was happy, moving, had energy, a sex life back. I could barely remember the bad. but now that im back in it. ugh, I wonder why on earth i thought this was a good idea.

so one day at a time.
do not take advil during pregnancy. its a progesterone blocker and can cause miscarriage.
try unisom for nausea. and drink lots of fluids for energy, even soda 1 time per day if need be. the sugar can really help w nausea