Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
petesmama
Registered Users
seller

Finished Knitting...

Now- how many of you wash what you've knit immediately? I hadn't really thought about it, but I bring along the hats I knit to lots of places and my hands are all over them. I am planning on selling a bunch of them this summer- should I wash them first?

THEN

If you say yes- what wool wash do you like? I'd like to use a homemade product and even then give a little sample and how to buy it with each of the hats that I sell to hopefully help out another working mom!

Advertisement

petesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
Lyttlewon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Finished Knitting...

I block mine but I don't wash them with soap. I just get them wet so that I can shape them.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
Kirsie
Registered Users
Formerly: Kir***m
seller
seller

My Mood:

I do but mostly because I can't get enough of the smell. I use Ewe Need it off Hyenacart.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
Abunchofus
Registered Users
seller

I lanolize all the longies so yes wash/lanolize and I love "Ewe Need It" her pink sugar is fantastic

I wish I knew where she ordered her pink sugar fo from because it's so yummy and I'd order some to scent things around the house with.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #5
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirstenM View Post
I do but mostly because I can't get enough of the smell. I use Ewe Need it off Hyenacart.
They have the best smelling wool wash EVER! I had some, but now am trying to use up some other stuff I have, and I miss my "butt naked" from Ewe Need It. It was so yummy smelling!

I also do not wash w/ soap. I just wet it to block. I would imagine that if any germs passed from your hands onto the hat they would die by summertime. But it's a good idea to offer a little sample of wool wash and maybe wash them so they smell like the wash. It certainly wouldn't hurt your hats.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #6
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, I wash everything after I make it. Not with soap, though, with proper wool wash like Soak (if it's clothing) or a lanolin wool wash (if it's diaper cover woolies). I bought some of the Ravelry exclusive Soak and the scent is awesome!!!
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #7
Kirsie
Registered Users
Formerly: Kir***m
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abunchofus View Post
I lanolize all the longies so yes wash/lanolize and I love "Ewe Need It" her pink sugar is fantastic

I wish I knew where she ordered her pink sugar fo from because it's so yummy and I'd order some to scent things around the house with.
Natures Garden has a great rendition. I actually prefer it to the Sephora perfume it's supposed to replicate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitchell98 View Post
They have the best smelling wool wash EVER! I had some, but now am trying to use up some other stuff I have, and I miss my "butt naked" from Ewe Need It. It was so yummy smelling!

I also do not wash w/ soap. I just wet it to block. I would imagine that if any germs passed from your hands onto the hat they would die by summertime. But it's a good idea to offer a little sample of wool wash and maybe wash them so they smell like the wash. It certainly wouldn't hurt your hats.
I JUST ordered the butt naked the other day! I totally don't need any (I have crazy amounts of wool wash right now) but if I'm putting an order in anyway, I have to buy woolie wash! Poor woman, I raced to her shop the day she re-opened

Last edited by Kirsie; 12-04-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Kirsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #8
Abunchofus
Registered Users
seller

thanks kristen - I'll have to look it up