Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-04-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
Registered Users
7mth -teething sick and MAYBE nursing strike HELP HELP

update - so whats a nursing strike ? He is ethere to busy stairing at everything to nurse, goes in sucks a little and then pulls of to look at the room. he is wetting enough to not be worried but not as much as he was say 2 weeks ago. He is also pinching me my DD was such a easy nurser compared to him. He gets no food yet if that matters I tried to give him a bottle and he just chews on them i tried 3 brands so far and he has drank from them before for DH but its been a few months. I am getting frustrated and also worried i dont want ot be done nursing him yet.

ok ds is my second to ebf and he is 7 mths and he has been sick for like 8 weeks basicly back to back poor little guy and got his first 2 teeth = I also got my period this month and boy did mother nature make up for lost time it was BAD. Ihave noticed a my supply go down a little since al of this which is normal and he is a graser he gets distracted easy at the breast even the LC agreed !! so the last two days i decided to pile on the fenugreek and blessed thistle and pump allot and i am scared at what i am yielding HE is not acting hungry at all andhaving the right amount of wet diapers even more i think (how many a day again?) I offered him a bottle of BM last night and he just wanted to chew on it and play with it he has drank a few bottles in his life, but he wouldnt drink it ! so he must not be hungry but what about my supply should i be worried ??
oh and now i haveth cold too

oh yeah what does this mean while your pumping you feel a let down but no milk comes and say i keep pumping for 10 more min another let down but this time i get at least a oz from each ????
I also wonder since he grazes whe ni pump am i taking from him??
he sleeps in so i do get to pump 7 extra oz in the morning

"I have way to much of everything, But not enough of anything"
"What was, What is and What could of been"

Kayla 9, Alyssa 7, Hanna 6, Tyler 4 & Logan 2 & May 2014

Last edited by kellyann6212003; 12-04-2009 at 09:51 PM.
kellyann6212003 is offline   Reply With Quote