Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
covermybum
Registered Users
seller

Which pattern do you recommend?

OK, I bit the bullet and ordered snap pliers, and a small cut of PUL and micro suede. I want to sew some pocket diapers. While I'm waiting for the supplies to come in, I'm trying to find a great pattern.

I traced my favorite diaper and made a test diaper out of old junky fabric, just to test the pattern (I don't want to waste the PUL when it comes).

It came out okay, but I'm sure I can do better. Everyone here seems to know so much, so I thought I'd pose the question to you. What is your favorite pocket diaper pattern with snaps? AND what's your baby's build.

I find on the diapers I've purchased. I'm always on the last snap for his big thighs and then have to skip a snap or two because his waist isn't as big. So I'd love a pattern that allowed him to grow a bit in the thighs.

Advertisement

covermybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
ACSNMama
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
seller

Re: Which pattern do you recommend?

I've been using the tighty whitey hipsters free pattern. I like it very much. Today I made a fitted with a snap in soaker instead of sewn in. I used that same pattern but adjusted it. Only thing is, I had to add extra snaps at the legs were too loose on DD.

I'll post photos tonight in the show and tell section...

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:04 AM   #3
covermybum
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSNMama View Post
I've been using the tighty whitey hipsters free pattern. I like it very much. Today I made a fitted with a snap in soaker instead of sewn in. I used that same pattern but adjusted it. Only thing is, I had to add extra snaps at the legs were too loose on DD.

I'll post photos tonight in the show and tell section...
Thanks. I just printed that pattern and will compare it to the others I'm considering. What would you do differently to use it as a pocket?
covermybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:35 AM   #4
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son has large theighs too, I usually just add about an extra inch of eleastic to the legs and never sew it super tight. I have combined a bunch of different patterns to create one that works for me.
My advice for snaps it to create a templete for where they will be placed on your diaper.
I find sewing PUL every hard, it doesn't stay in place very well and if you pin it you create tiny holes that can leak. I use binder clips to hold it in place (PUL slips, pulls, moves differently then regular fabric) while I sew. I also use a piece of tissue paper, this helps the PUL side glide smoothly along the machine and it comes off very easily.

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote