Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
lisastwins2002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question on making inserts

Hi all! I'm somewhat new to sewing (I was starting to learn before I had kids and it all went out the window when I did) and I'm very new to diaper-making in general. I've been reading lots and buying tons of different kinds of fabric so I think I'm finally ready to get started!

I'd like to make inserts for my BG OS diapers to replace the microfiber ones I have (I hate stuffing diapers with microfiber). I'd like the inserts to be comparable to the MF, so I was thinking of making some with 2 layers of OBF sandwiching a layer of Zorb. Would 4 layers OBF and a layer of Zorb be overkill?

If my plan sounds good, how would you serge the layers together? I have a Brother 1034D which is still in the box but I'm pretty sure I can't serge 5 layers at once. I was thinking of serging a sandwich of OBF/Zorb/OBF slightly smaller than my desired final project and then somehow sandwiching that between two more layers of OBF (if that makes sense!). What do you think?

TIA!

Advertisement

Lisa, SAHM to twin DD's 1/2/02, DD 6/13/07, b/g twins 4/5/09, girl #5 arrived on 5/26/10!!
*** Be my SwagFriend ***
lisastwins2002 is offline   Reply With Quote