Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-22-2007, 12:27 PM   #1
Registered Users
Milk allery, lactose intolerant, what is this?

My 11 month old daughter was sick jsut like the rest of us. She ahd diarrhea and was puking. We gave her pedialyte and did all the stuff you normally do when your baby is sick. Well all of us are over it. She is acting perfectly fine now and seems her typical self but now every time she drinks a bottle of formula within 10 mins she has gas/diarrhea. I know it takes babies/toddlers a little longer to recover form colds/viruses/flu and stuff like that. I did google and some sites said that after babies get sick sometimes they can start to have issues with the lactose in milk. I was thinking about siwtching her to lactose free formula. Do you think I should take her into the doctor? I just want the diarrhea to stop and for her ot be able to drink milk without problems.

Multiple final warnings, yet still using inappropriate avatars and posts
pinkflamingos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:31 PM   #2
My Mood:
Re: Milk allery, lactose intolerant, what is this?

It wouldn't hurt to call your ped. I know if my ds drinks reg. formula, or has yogurt he has diarrhea and is very crabby (assuming a tummy ache) Soy has cleared most of it up for us. But, it may not be the case with your dc.
Momma to Paige & Logan
and my furbabies Charlee & Ollie
jrk is offline   Reply With Quote