Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
Jenfrogmomcpst
Registered Users
Formerly: Say It With Heat
seller

Need some input...

I was just at the Doctor's office for a non stress test when she told me the baby had 2 decelerations but, they didn't last 15 seconds so she wasn't too worried. She said the test was not good or bad but, it was ok. I was dumb and didn't ask about it. What does this mean? Is the baby in danger? She does have me coming back on Tuesday for an ultrasound. Should I be freaking out? Why didn't I ask more about it?!!!!

Advertisement

Old 12-17-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
MyFourStars
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Need some input...

Decels are perfectly normal. They indicate that baby is resting. Baby's heartrate increases during times of movement, decreases during rest. If you only had two lasting less than 15 seconds, and your doc isn't worried, you shouldn't be either Babe could have just fallen into a deeper sleep. My kids all had to have their heart rate alarms lowered on their fetal monitors in the NICU because when they would sleep, their heart rates would drop into the 80-90s. Normally that's a "brady" for a tiny babe, but they were still breathing normally and never dropped O2 stats. They just sleep harder than other babes. Same principle applies in the womb too.

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
girlznmoregirlz
Registered Users

My Mood:

You're not dumb for not asking questions. I usually have to chew on new info for awhile before I have any real questions. Call the office and let them know you need to speak with the doctor about your test and you'd like him/her to call you back. Dr's usually have office hours where they chart and make calls. I'm sure your Dr. would be happy to answer your questions.
girlznmoregirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #4
shara1128
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This baby sometimes has decelerations while my doctor checks the heartrate with the doppler. He said it's probably from the baby grabbing the cord and then letting go. It's never lasted more than a few seconds. I'm sure it's perfectly normal. If there was concern, I'm sure the doctor would have been more proactive.
shara1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
Jenfrogmomcpst
Registered Users
Formerly: Say It With Heat
seller

Good, I am glad that this is normal. She just said "the script made me look twice but, everything is ok." I am sure the ultrasound will make me feel better on Tuesday. Thanks everyone!