Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2007, 08:46 AM   #1
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
vitamins?

My dd is 14 months old, and my dh wants her to take a multivitamin. She is not/has never been bf, and she drinks whole milk now. What do you mamas think? Do your kids take vitamins at this age? If so, which ones?

Advertisement

Old 01-22-2007, 09:15 AM   #2
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: vitamins?

DD takes a gummy vitamin. I have tried them and they taste good and she loves them. She takes 2 a day. She LOVES them.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:16 AM   #3
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think those have to be taken starting at age 2. . . sorry, didn't look at your DD's age. . . I think they have liquid vitamins for younger children, but if I were you I would ask her pediatrician's opinion. . .
Old 01-22-2007, 09:35 AM   #4
pingumel

i'd say ask a doc. a friend of mine is a family practice doc, and she started giving her 13-15month boy cut up bits of those gummy vites. he seemed to chew fine, and now (he's about 18months now) gives him the whole ones. i'm contemplating the same thing, but my 14month boy already has 12 teeth and chews like a champ! but i'd say ask your own doc first
Old 01-22-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

ditto cuz the gummy vites say from age 2 and up
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:54 PM   #6
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Mmmm, gummy bears. Thanks for asking, I've been wndering if I should give DS one.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:08 PM   #7
mandikaake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We give our kids vitamins during the winter months. A liquid would be ideal for your little one if you chose to do that at their age. I would make sure to get one from a health food store or Nature's Sunshine distributor to make sure there are no added colors, preservatives, sugars, etc...
mandikaake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:28 AM   #8
ChoiceSoaps
Registered Users

I started giving ds a multi-vitamin at 19 months of age because his diet was very poor (he's had eating issues and is currently getting extensive therapy and medical testing). I chose this one: http://www.michaelshealth.com/products.asp?id=123 which I bought at our local Wild Oats. I chose it because it was liquid so I could put it in his milk, it seemed well balanced, and it didn't have any sugar in it. I like this because I can adjust the dosage more easily than I could with a pill (which he wouldn't have eaten anyway) so the amount can easily be reduced for a younger child. Within 3 days of getting it, the pinkness around his eyes disappeared, he was more well rested (not so tired), his caloric intake increased by 300% and he grew for the first time in 10 months. I think it worked!
ChoiceSoaps is offline   Reply With Quote