Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
amberpayne27's Avatar
amberpayne27
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,154
My Mood:
Michelle Duggar gives birth to baby #19 prematurely

Sorry if this is a double post. I am praying that baby Josie pulls through this ok! Michelle was around 25 weeks pregnant from what I've read.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34379874...-today_people/

Advertisement

__________________
*Amber*
Jesus lovin' wife to my 3rd grade sweetie and Homeschooling mama to my funny little 5 year old diva, Kelsie ,Stella Mae, my 2 year old wild child and Judah Jenkins, our sweet miracle rainbow baby born 11/3/12
Missing our tiny love bugs 6/11, 4w4d and 10/11, 9w1d
amberpayne27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
Maddiburg's Avatar
Maddiburg
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 518
My Mood:
Re: Michelle Duggar gives birth to baby #19 prematurely

I sure hope the baby and Michelle are both ok! Hopefully the baby will come along fine and join the rest of their huge clan. I do think for her sake though she should "try" not to get pregnant just so something like this doesn't happen again. I used to think they were strange but I love how well rounded they are as a family and have come to admire them!
Maddiburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
sbbeana's Avatar
sbbeana
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 5,428
My Mood:
Re: Michelle Duggar gives birth to baby #19 prematurely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddiburg View Post
I sure hope the baby and Michelle are both ok! Hopefully the baby will come along fine and join the rest of their huge clan. I do think for her sake though she should "try" not to get pregnant just so something like this doesn't happen again. I used to think they were strange but I love how well rounded they are as a family and have come to admire them!
Ditto! Although I've always liked them from the start. I think she needs to start using the rhythm method before she ends up having to have a hysterectomy from having one too many babies. I hope her new one and her pull through OK.
__________________
Stella. Mom to three wild boys.
sbbeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
Amulet
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 624
My Mood:
Re: Michelle Duggar gives birth to baby #19 prematurely

I think she should choose something more reliable then the rhythm method, but to each her own.
Amulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #5
newmommy929
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,095
My Mood:
Re: Michelle Duggar gives birth to baby #19 prematurely

This is really sad, hopefully all works out well with mom and that the baby survies and thrives. Being a nurse in the Neo-natal Intensive Care unit I have seen many babies born at this age. Some are OK and you would never know that they were born so prematurely, but then on the other hand the babies NICU stay is such a roller coaster ride. Good one day (even one hour or minute) and then a complete opposite the next. Unfortunately, when babies are born so prematurely you just never know. Hopefully they were able to give Michelle some steroids to help develop the babies lungs and give her a better chance. And this may sound wierd, but little girls "tend" to do better than little boys.
__________________
Katie, married to Aaron(6/04). PT NICU nurse, FT mommy to Cameron(9/29/07) & Channing(4/8/10) & Creighton 9/21/11
newmommy929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #6
Michelle_M's Avatar
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Arlington, Tx
Posts: 15,899
My Mood:
Re: Michelle Duggar gives birth to baby #19 prematurely

I pray that baby Josie is ok.

As far as "protection goes," you can't really tell someone to do something is against their religious beliefs. I seriously doubt they would use anything hormonal since on the occasion that ovulation DOES occure, and the egg gets fertlized, the birth control will keep it from implanting, thus causing what I personally considre to be a VERY early abortion/miscarriage. So due to their beliefs, I doubt they'd use that.

As far as the rythm method goes.. there ARE natural family planning techinques that are JUST as effective as hormonal birth control for women who take the time and effort to pay attention to their bodies for their fertile times, and who have a fairly regular cycle.

And, it's easy to judge someone whe you don't know all the facts. We don't have any of the facts on WHAT caused the need for the emergency C-section.. it could have been bad reaction to the gal-bladder issue, or the meds that they gave her for it. Granted, her body definately isn't as young and "tight" as it used to be, but all of her children are healthy, so there was no reason for them to think anything otherwise about THIS baby. And agian, if the need for the c-section was something else, then why should they stop?

It would be one thing, if their doctors advised them that it would be dangersou and unhealthy for her to get pregnant again, and would cause complications for the baby... Then yes, I think they should consider SOMETHING to avoid pregnancy. And she said herself. IF they got to that point, then they'd pray about it. They would trust God to lead them in the right direction, or trust him to close her womb so that no more babies would be concieved. As a Christian (and a Baptist, at that), I personally TOTALLY agree with that approach and faith.

Just my

Hugs and God bless,
Michelle
__________________
Christian wife to my hubby, mamma to three little men and a little lady!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #7
Michelle_M's Avatar
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Arlington, Tx
Posts: 15,899
My Mood:
Re: Michelle Duggar gives birth to baby #19 prematurely

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy929 View Post
And this may sound wierd, but little girls "tend" to do better than little boys.
I HAVE actually heard this before.

A friend of mine had her youngest son (now 5 years old) at 24 weeks. She also told me that STATISTICALLY premature little girls handle it better than boys.

God bless,
Michelle
__________________
Christian wife to my hubby, mamma to three little men and a little lady!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #8
MyFourStars's Avatar
MyFourStars
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Roanoke, TX
Posts: 3,345
My Mood:
Re: Michelle Duggar gives birth to baby #19 prematurely

Poor baby and family!!! I love the Duggars dearly, not because of my religious beliefs (ours barely overlap) but because their parenting style is beautiful and they produce good kids. Just a good, happy family. Not perfect, but dang they're happy. I love that about them.

25 weeks seems so early. 32 weeks was sooooo early to me and the NICU wait was torture every day. 7 weeks earlier than THAT??? My goodness. I hope they prepped her for early delivery while she was there. I wonder if what they thought was her gall bladder was really the beginning of HELLP syndrome.
__________________
Robyn, Mommy to Anna, 7 ; Ilse, 6 ; Gideon, 5 ; Merrick, 3!!!
And now Liam Matthew, 3-14-2010, a 4th vbac at 35w2d!

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #9
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,081
My Mood:
Re: Michelle Duggar gives birth to baby #19 prematurely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
I pray that baby Josie is ok.

As far as "protection goes," you can't really tell someone to do something is against their religious beliefs. I seriously doubt they would use anything hormonal since on the occasion that ovulation DOES occure, and the egg gets fertlized, the birth control will keep it from implanting, thus causing what I personally considre to be a VERY early abortion/miscarriage. So due to their beliefs, I doubt they'd use that.

As far as the rythm method goes.. there ARE natural family planning techinques that are JUST as effective as hormonal birth control for women who take the time and effort to pay attention to their bodies for their fertile times, and who have a fairly regular cycle.

And, it's easy to judge someone whe you don't know all the facts. We don't have any of the facts on WHAT caused the need for the emergency C-section.. it could have been bad reaction to the gal-bladder issue, or the meds that they gave her for it. Granted, her body definately isn't as young and "tight" as it used to be, but all of her children are healthy, so there was no reason for them to think anything otherwise about THIS baby. And agian, if the need for the c-section was something else, then why should they stop?

It would be one thing, if their doctors advised them that it would be dangersou and unhealthy for her to get pregnant again, and would cause complications for the baby... Then yes, I think they should consider SOMETHING to avoid pregnancy. And she said herself. IF they got to that point, then they'd pray about it. They would trust God to lead them in the right direction, or trust him to close her womb so that no more babies would be concieved. As a Christian (and a Baptist, at that), I personally TOTALLY agree with that approach and faith.

Just my

Hugs and God bless,
Michelle
I agree with all of this.

I hope the baby does fine. Like pp above said, with babies this premature, you just never know. I have triplet nieces and nephew who were born at 24wks. The girls are perfectly fine now at 2 years old. The boy is thriving as well, but does have some lingering issues and always will. It was a day by day thing. Some days everything was great and everyone was going to be perfect and the next one of them was not going to make it. They are little miracles.

Oh and I agree with the girls do better thing. I haven't heard any reasons as to why, but my BIL and SIL were told this with the trips and sure enough the girls did much better than the boy. I was also told that by the nurses when my twins were born at 35wks. My girl was 4lbs 7oz and never needed any extra help at all. My boy was 6lbs 9oz and had to go into the NICU for about 16hrs and then had to be readmitted to the hospital 2 days after being home because of apnea. He stopped breathing several times, VERY scary to see your newborn blue. Anyway, so we have definitely seen this too be true in our family.
__________________
Heather SAHM to 6 who are 7 and under, including 2 sets of twins and our last little miracle, a surviving identical twin, born Oct 2012!
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #10
Mamatoabunch's Avatar
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,535
My Mood:
Re: Michelle Duggar gives birth to baby #19 prematurely

I am praying fir Michelle and baby Josie. As to birth control it is offensive for others to suggest birth control. This is a devout family w/ definite beliefs on birth control. My dh and I hold similar beliefs, but we do not suggest others should stop using birth control.
__________________
Annabelle Mom to Makaley 19, Arden 19, Anniston 18, Taegan 15,Balen 13,Kellen 11, Ellery 9,Innish 7,Eiley 5, Finnian 4, and Esca 2, and Isolde 1/16/2014, 10th hbac, 9th uc.
Mamatoabunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.