Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #11
Everywhere
Registered Users

Re: Michelle Duggar gives birth to baby #19 prematurely

I think it's almost the same to tell someone they should get an abortion if you think the pregnancy would result in them having "too many" kids.

Lots of people are religiously or morally opposed to abortion, so that would be offensive and something they wouldn't consider. Just like how some religions morally and religiously oppose birth control.

Prayers for the family.

Advertisement

Everywhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #12
trippsmom
Registered Users
seller

Location: Little Rock, but my heart is still in Greenville, AL
My Mood:

UAMS has one of THE BEST NICU teams in the country. They are without a doubt in wonderful hands and in the best possible place. I personally don't deliver there b/c they are the kings of intervention here in LR, but a great place for preemies/special need.
Rachel- CPST - wife to Lester and blessed to be the cd-ing, bw-ing, delay/selective vaxing and extended r****** and b****** pt-SAHM to my little man Tripp 12/22/07 And Aubrey Elisabeth 11/20/2009 My all natural drug-free hospital birth!
Riding in 2 Radian XTSL's, a Coccoro and True Fit Premier
trippsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #13
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post
I am praying fir Michelle and baby Josie. As to birth control it is offensive for others to suggest birth control. This is a devout family w/ definite beliefs on birth control. My dh and I hold similar beliefs, but we do not suggest others should stop using birth control.
Well said mama.

I USED to use hormonal birth control. Then I did some research on possible side effects, and then the topper for me was learning that when it DOESN'T suppress ovulation (obviously since women DO get pregnant on it) that the fertilzed egg won't implant.

So based on my own religious beliefs, that's really what made me stop using the hormonal birth control.

In my PERSONAL beliefes, barrier methods are ok, because no babies are being "aborted." But there are others who even say NO birth control is ok at all. It's one of those things that is a personal choice.

God bless,
Michelle

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #14
Whimsy Twist
Registered Users
Formerly: Lilymomma
seller

My Mood:

According to our Neo docs from the NICU my twins were at, girls tend to do better than boys, and african american girls do the best while white and asian boys tend to do the worst. This isn't always the case (my 28 weeker twin boy did MUCH better than my girl). It's good to hear they are with one of the best NICU's, and on a positive thought, there is a lot of hope for 25 weekers- we met several 25 weeker families (and one earlier) that were all on a good road to health!

Whimsy Twist
for the love of color...
find me on Facebook or Etsy
Whimsy Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #15
smoaksmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilymomma View Post
According to our Neo docs from the NICU my twins were at, girls tend to do better than boys, and african american girls do the best while white and asian boys tend to do the worst. This isn't always the case (my 28 weeker twin boy did MUCH better than my girl). It's good to hear they are with one of the best NICU's, and on a positive thought, there is a lot of hope for 25 weekers- we met several 25 weeker families (and one earlier) that were all on a good road to health!
This is exactly what I was about to post. The nurses used the term "wimpy white boys!" It not only applies to premature births, but the general status of all births. The wimpy white boys usually have more difficulty latching, staying awake, etc. Whereas the african amercian girls are more active. <--why don't they have a name for them? How about Alert African-American Girls.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:21 PM   #16
jenvbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Prayers for the family and tiny baby Josie. What a cute name.
jenvbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:09 AM   #17
Mama'sPocket
Registered Users
Formerly: LizzieAG
seller

My Mood:

They have posted on their website that Michelle developed pre-eclampsia and that coupled with the gall stone issue, made the delivery necessary. Praying for their family and little Josie. Even if she has issues related to prematurity, that family would surround her with love, support and acceptance. She would never be alone!. Praying that all turns out great though!

I too am in the "no birth control" crowd and feel that the same rights that everyone uses to support abortion should apply here. Women have the "right" to terminate pregnancy and Michelle should have the right to have as many children as her and her hubby feel is right. She doesn't ask what goes on in other's uterus and we shouldn't judge what goes on in hers....just saying.
Mama'sPocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:54 AM   #18
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
I pray that baby Josie is ok.

As far as "protection goes," you can't really tell someone to do something is against their religious beliefs. I seriously doubt they would use anything hormonal since on the occasion that ovulation DOES occure, and the egg gets fertlized, the birth control will keep it from implanting, thus causing what I personally considre to be a VERY early abortion/miscarriage. So due to their beliefs, I doubt they'd use that.

As far as the rythm method goes.. there ARE natural family planning techinques that are JUST as effective as hormonal birth control for women who take the time and effort to pay attention to their bodies for their fertile times, and who have a fairly regular cycle.

And, it's easy to judge someone whe you don't know all the facts. We don't have any of the facts on WHAT caused the need for the emergency C-section.. it could have been bad reaction to the gal-bladder issue, or the meds that they gave her for it. Granted, her body definately isn't as young and "tight" as it used to be, but all of her children are healthy, so there was no reason for them to think anything otherwise about THIS baby. And agian, if the need for the c-section was something else, then why should they stop?

It would be one thing, if their doctors advised them that it would be dangersou and unhealthy for her to get pregnant again, and would cause complications for the baby... Then yes, I think they should consider SOMETHING to avoid pregnancy. And she said herself. IF they got to that point, then they'd pray about it. They would trust God to lead them in the right direction, or trust him to close her womb so that no more babies would be concieved. As a Christian (and a Baptist, at that), I personally TOTALLY agree with that approach and faith.

Just my

Hugs and God bless,
Michelle
AMEN, sista!!!
lisathib123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #19
Ilovecaseyandcoh
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
Well said mama.

I USED to use hormonal birth control. Then I did some research on possible side effects, and then the topper for me was learning that when it DOESN'T suppress ovulation (obviously since women DO get pregnant on it) that the fertilzed egg won't implant.

So based on my own religious beliefs, that's really what made me stop using the hormonal birth control.

In my PERSONAL beliefes, barrier methods are ok, because no babies are being "aborted." But there are others who even say NO birth control is ok at all. It's one of those things that is a personal choice.

God bless,
Michelle
This is where we are as well.
Ilovecaseyandcoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:27 PM   #20
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we aren't birth control users either, but i am not that fertile...i think for her safety and for her kids safety some nfp to give at least a year after giving birth before giving pregnant would be wise...but this looks like it may be unrelated anyway and no matter what they cause, it is a sweet baby who i hopes fights like heck!
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote