Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #21
againsttheoddsmom
Registered Users

Re: Michelle Duggar gives birth to baby #19 prematurely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
Well said mama.

I USED to use hormonal birth control. Then I did some research on possible side effects, and then the topper for me was learning that when it DOESN'T suppress ovulation (obviously since women DO get pregnant on it) that the fertilzed egg won't implant.

So based on my own religious beliefs, that's really what made me stop using the hormonal birth control.

In my PERSONAL beliefes, barrier methods are ok, because no babies are being "aborted." But there are others who even say NO birth control is ok at all. It's one of those things that is a personal choice.

God bless,
Michelle
I'm currently pregnant with a prefect use pill baby, my thoughts are if he or she is ment to come into the world then by all means it will happen no matter how many pills you take, how long you take them, what you are eating or what the circumstances are.

Advertisement

againsttheoddsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #22
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama'sPocket View Post
They have posted on their website that Michelle developed pre-eclampsia and that coupled with the gall stone issue, made the delivery necessary. Praying for their family and little Josie. Even if she has issues related to prematurity, that family would surround her with love, support and acceptance. She would never be alone!. Praying that all turns out great though!

I too am in the "no birth control" crowd and feel that the same rights that everyone uses to support abortion should apply here. Women have the "right" to terminate pregnancy and Michelle should have the right to have as many children as her and her hubby feel is right. She doesn't ask what goes on in other's uterus and we shouldn't judge what goes on in hers....just saying.
I have to agree. Although I do worry that she might be putting her health at risk when she has so many other children to take care of, it's not my place to tell anyone that they should stop having children.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #23
PinkSapphire87
Registered Users
seller

Has anyone heard if the Duggars have released any news about their newest baby? I've been looking but couldn't find anything.

Breastfeeding, babywearing, fully vaxing, attachment parenting, still in school, forever studying, and burning the candle at both ends but loving life and enjoying my girls!
PinkSapphire87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:56 PM   #24
booksdoc
Registered Users

Red face Re: Michelle Duggar gives birth to baby #19 prematurely

At about one month after the birth "cousin Amy" posted that Josie was now up to 2 pounds 4 oz from 1 pound six ounces. I would imagine she has continued to gain in the two weeks since then.
booksdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:45 PM   #25
jenvbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What a little tiny fighter. Continuing to pray for their family. I hope she gets to come home happy and healthy in the coming months.
jenvbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:08 PM   #26
silverlily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sunday Jan 31, TLC is airing, what I assume is a special, called 19 Kids and Counting...it's an hour long, and there are no others scheduled after it - so they may provide updated info then.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:39 AM   #27
hannahnana'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is from the TLC Website regarding Saturday's special:

The Duggar family is no stranger to welcoming a new baby to the family. But when complications arise, Jim Bob and Michelle meet baby nineteen, Josie, earlier than expected. Watch as the family welcomes Josie with a Duggar-sized amount of hope and love.

It will air at 8pm and 11pm.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:56 AM   #28
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Here is the newest article I could find about baby Josie.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:27 PM   #29
christywills
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad they are doing ok.
christywills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:13 PM   #30
DocsNemesis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I bet this is really tough on all of them, especially mama-I know after having 1 kid that got to come straight home, and then a homebirth with my 3rd (my first was a NICU baby, full term and only for a few days but still a NICU baby), having to deal with the NICU for a month was soooo hard! And that was with an almost 33 weeker! I can't imagine how difficult it must be for them having to leave her there everyday.

I'm also preggo with a perfect use pill baby. I was breastfeeding and taking the mini pill as a backup and well..uh...neither worked apparently. I'm a little overly fertile! We took it as a sign that we were supposed to have this kiddo...having said that, I would never expect someone else to start using hormonal birth control and such when its so against their beliefs.

Maybe if there is a concern over her getting pregnant again-either for her sake or the baby's (because pre-e is a risk to the mama too)-then I'm sure they'll come to a decision they are ok with. I doubt anyone wants to risk themselves or their child.

www.Hyenacart.com/Naked for dyed tee's, flats, yarn, and soon, bamboo prefolds! Stocking 7/20!
DocsNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote