Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
DaynaR
Registered Users
seller

Need Sroller Suggestions!!!

Ours broke yesterday

We started out with an evenflo aura carseat/stroller set, gave that up for a combi, then went to a peg perrego SI.

The Si was what we liked best but gave us the most problems. The front wheels wobble if you push the stroller too fast(Even just a speed walk), The brakes stopped working, and just yesterday one of the front wheels snapped off, so it's unusable.

The Aura still works, its just huge and too low (I'm 5'10 with longer legs so I kinda lean on it to push it)

The Combi just plan sucks, hard to control and gives me really sore spota on my hands where i push.

So we need in a new stroller:
- Sml to medium sized
- preferably easy push
- Adjustable seat positions
- Compact fold (Close to umbrella)
- Needs to be tough, we use our stroller everyday, a lot of outside time, we have extreme temperatures hot and cold
- Preferably 5pt harness
- Under 400 for sure, preferably under 325

TIA

Advertisement

DaynaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
BoysMama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Need Sroller Suggestions!!!

I LOVE my Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Plus Stroller! I love that there are so many options for the seats and I love that the handle is high making it easier for a taller person to push (I am 5'8") It does not fold very compactly though. One thing I also love about it is that there are handles for older siblings to hold onto.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:47 PM   #3
JellEBeanDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mama are you planning on having more kids? If so I would say invest in a Valco Baby Tri-Mode it has a flatter fold and is a single stroller (jog style) with an alum. frame, it has a singe jogging wheel with the 360 swivel option, 45 degree swivel option and no swivel option with the turn of a knob, when number two come around you can buy the jump seat and you have a double, or if LO is big enough the hitch hiker board and bassinet (my 2 and 4 yr old love the hitch hiker, they both fit at once) and DD goes in the bassinet that said I use mine as a triple for longer trips with the seat fully reclined, DS2 in the jump seat and DS1 on the hitch hiker
JellEBeanDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:48 PM   #4
JellEBeanDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh and it has an adjustable handle and DH is 6 ft and loves it because it accommodate him and me with no issues (I am 5'1)
JellEBeanDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:44 AM   #5
bells
Registered Users

My Mood:

I love our Chicco Cortina. The stroller alone is less than $200. I can maneuver it with one hand and close it with one hand. Its very easy to use. I dont know if you need the infant car seat but the stroller comes with or without it. Here is the blurb about it online:

The aluminum frame cortina stroller with one-hand fold comes loaded with extra features you and baby will enjoy. Multiple position, fully-reclining seat and adjustable leg support provides comfort for your baby. The seat has "memory" recline for your convenience - it remembers the position you last left it in before folding. The adjustable, removable canopy is water repellent. Large basket accessible when the backrest is fully reclined providing plenty of storage for all the things your baby needs. Linked rear brakes and a 5-pt harness provide safety and all-wheel suspension gives just the right ride to baby. A height-adjustable handle make strolling comfortable for mom or dad.

bells is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:47 AM   #6
moobiegirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love our baby jogger mini. we have the double but I'm sure the single is comparable.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:30 AM   #7
nicolewilbanks
I could not ask for more
seller

Location: Wherever the Navy takes us, but always a Southern Belle at heart
My Mood:

We our EasyWalker Duo. It's worth every penny. Ours is a Duo (double), but they sell the single version and they are just alike. The Duo was $600 but I'm pretty sure the single version is under $400. It has pneumonic tires (inflate w/ air) which make for the smoothest ride/push ever. The handle bar is adjustable 180 degrees up and down. You can go to their website for all the bells and whistles. I would highly recommend it.
and ISO/IHA
nicolewilbanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:08 AM   #8
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

i like my maxi cosi, it doesn't fold up small but is light and easy to push. i get a lot of compliments on it and people think it's one of those $800 strollers. i hear the avalon is similar but much cheaper, not sure about the fold. there is also the quinny buzz.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #9
maieranne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have loved our Peg perego Pliko P3. We bought it in 2004 for first child and it strolls like it's new still. Our 5 year old rides in it still on occassion.
Fits great in back of car. Umbrella closure.
It's a great quality stroller that will last.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #10
Gabbie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just received our first stroller recently, It is a baby jogger mini. We have only used it a few times, but it does steer very easy and fold up quickly too. It gets fabulous reviews.
Gabbie is offline   Reply With Quote