Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
kellyann6212003
Registered Users
seller

HELP !! I got a cold sore and I am so worried about my kids ......**UPDATE**

READ my newest post on page 3
I am going to put the update here becasue people arent seeing it !!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok went to the doc - I GOT so lucky they had a opening dismoring and angular cheiltis it is !!! thankgod !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he was impressed with my research
thank all of you for your support - I am still on kiss "make up duty"

so after 3 days I just didnt see a huge diff and so i started really looking and thinking of diff ways to google it, ITS NOT a cold sore and its commonly confused with one but its called ANGULAR CHEILITIS
http://www.angular-cheilitis-center....gular-cheiltis

it really is a BAD case of chaped lips and then bacterial infection allot of the smae triggers as a cold sore for ex low immiune BUT Its not contagious !!!
I am going to make a apt with the dermotologist

OH mommas do you even know how happy i am ??? !!!
I knew i liked to kiss my kids allot but you trully dontknow how much you love something or doing something intill its taken away from you !!! I kiss my kids for like 30 min straight to make up for 72hrs of no kiss !!!!!!!

one cool home remody is tee trea oil which of course i have on hand since I CD - And you cure the case you up our Vitamin b 2,3,6 and 12 and DONT lick your lips and BELIEVE me I wont !!!!

THANKYOU to all that replied to the post I LOVE you DS mommas we are like a big family.

I got my first cold sore at 28 years old I cought it fairly quick from what ihave read - the doc gave me the RX for valtrex pill and i got releev and i can tell a huge diff in less then 48hrs BUT i havent KISSED my 4 kids in those 48 hours and i think im going to burst or go in to withdrawl soon.

So someone thats any experience with these nasty little firends please ethere pm if you would rather be more priviate or post here, BUT I want to know when i can bring out the kissing monster ? and i read these stories online about how young kids get itfrom there parents and i really dont want that for my kids - nowadays kids in school are mean enough.

oh yeah my youngest is 7mths old so what happens if he is swinging around while nursing and happens to touch my face ???

HELP ... I am also kinda depressed about it IYKWIM

Advertisement

Kayla 9, Alyssa 7, Hanna 6, Tyler 4 & Logan 2 & May 2014

Last edited by kellyann6212003; 12-14-2009 at 08:57 AM.
kellyann6212003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
jellybelly37
formerly J*****e
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELP !! I got a cold sore and I am so worried about my kids ..........

Hey- don't feel bad, it happens! I have had them since I was a kid, but these days i probably only get one a year. Just stick with the meds, and try not to touch it AT ALL, the medications definitely help them go away much quicker. Once you put the cream on wash your hands really well. I have definitely had at least one since I had my DD, and she still nurses at almost 2 and hasn't gotten it yet. Just NO kisses, no matter how hard it is! Wait until it is totally gone, scab and all, and no bumps.

Last edited by jellybelly37; 12-12-2009 at 07:31 PM.
jellybelly37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #3
monicadd
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well dont kiss till the crust and oozing goes away. A child just brushing past it wont give it to them, but if the juice from it does, then they can. Put a stainless steel spoon in the freezer till its really cold. Then put that on it. It will also help heal is faster. I got a nasty brake out in my mouth when i was 18mths old. SOmehow , who knows. but ive had them randomly every since. you can kiss toes and tops of heads, places that arent pourous. like a face with pours and stuff or a genital that has pours. understand??? so tummies and toes are ok. head, ok.
Devoted and Gorgeous DH CJ
monicadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
kellyann6212003
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebee View Post
Hey- don't feel bad, it happens! I have had them since I was a kid, but these days i probably only get one a year. Just stick with the meds, and try not to touch it AT ALL, the medications definitely help them go away much quicker. Once you put the cream on wash your hands really well. I have definitely had at least one since I had my DD, and she still nurses at almost 2 and hasn't gotten it yet. Just NO kisses, no matter how hard it is! Wait until it is totally gone, scab and all, and no bumps.
OMG momma its already been two days and from what i am reading intill its totally gone could be a few more days i am going to burst i tell ya, I think this is whats making me feel down about it more then anythign I am normally a dont give a crap kinda gal (basicly if you dont like what your looking at why are you looking at me would be my att in public) BUT not kissing my kids this is like a criminal snetence ITS NOT FAIR

thanks for hte info momma I love your ladys

Old 12-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
zacks_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well, hate to break it to you, but most people will get the virus that causes cold sores at sometime in their lifetime. I dont see the harm that will come from kiss...
Old 12-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
kellyann6212003
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicadd View Post
Well dont kiss till the crust and oozing goes away. A child just brushing past it wont give it to them, but if the juice from it does, then they can. Put a stainless steel spoon in the freezer till its really cold. Then put that on it. It will also help heal is faster. I got a nasty brake out in my mouth when i was 18mths old. SOmehow , who knows. but ive had them randomly every since. you can kiss toes and tops of heads, places that arent pourous. like a face with pours and stuff or a genital that has pours. understand??? so tummies and toes are ok. head, ok.
ok WOW I think i am going to have to get me some toe and tummy kiss's I guess its better then nothing thanks for the info I did read ice helps - but i started the pills yesterday and i am taking a little more then she said to ... but the releev i got today in hte am is deff showing a diff it was pricey but so far i think worth it

Old 12-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #7
kellyann6212003
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacks_mommy View Post
well, hate to break it to you, but most people will get the virus that causes cold sores at sometime in their lifetime. I dont see the harm that will come from kiss...
I have read this too but i dont want my LO to have them there not pretty and I would feel so guilty looking at my kids ages 5 and under !!!

Old 12-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #8
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyann6212003 View Post
I have read this too but i dont want my LO to have them there not pretty and I would feel so guilty looking at my kids ages 5 and under !!!
I'm with you. Your kids in all likelyhood will get them someday, but a 15 year old with one vs. a 2 year old with one is MUCH better. I get the ones inside my mouth, canker sores maybe? And I was always so careful when I had them not to kiss DS. Well, one day I forgot. He had an outbreak of them a week later than took 2 weeks to go away. One was so big! It was the size of a dime clear back in his mouth almost to his throat, he could barely eat or drink. I called the doctor and told them if they didn't go away soon, I wanted an anti-viral or something for him. They agreed, but after that they went away and he hasn't had any since. But I felt like the worst mom in the entire world!
Old 12-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #9
TuthGuru
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i bet you know this, but just in case- make sure you are washing your hands if you touch the lesion.

you can spread it that way (both to others and to other places on your own body like your eyes AKA "herpes ocular" and fingers AKA "herpes zoster")

TuthGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #10
sugar&spice
Registered Users

My Mood:

Click these links to get Amazon.com gift cards & prizes.http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DaphneAnnehttp://OpinionOutpost.com/join/7680482 http://www.ezwingame.com/refer/grdayholidayWin gift cards & prizes
sugar&spice is offline   Reply With Quote