Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
Mrs.Rusty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question New to DS and need some (maybe a lot of) help

OK So DH and I have been TTC on and off since May (we've had some completely unforeseeable circumstances that cam up along the way, I was injured @ work & had to be on muscle relaxers and my husband had a bout with melanoma). Well now things are supposed to be safe to TTC and my body just doesn't want to cooperate. I use an OV-Watch, CBE fertility monitor and OPK's the past few months not a single one of them has agreed when I was actually ovulating (I have been med free since late August). I have the FAM book and haven't been able to properly chart since my daily BT's are almost always too low to show on any charts I've seen, I do check my external CM daily. No I do not have a regular cycle so I have a hard time predicting, my OB/GYN wanted me to try for 9 mos before I see him again.
Well this past month I had extremely emotional (Which I know now was) PMS since after getting a BFN last night and a visit from AF today. To boot I have some Bizarre rash that started as one small area on my stomach which has now spread to hive on my chest and trunk. I thought the rash might be stress but now I have no idea.

Anyone have any advice or thought on what I can do to up my odds of TTC and actually succeeding?

Sorry the post was so long!

Advertisement

Mrs.Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: New to DS and need some (maybe a lot of) help

Don't worry just hop onto some threads and I am sure you will find helpful ideas.

I am not much help but
Old 12-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
Mrs.Rusty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks
Old 12-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
BootyGold
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry for your struggles

I'm not sure what you mean your temps are too low to be put on any of the charts you've seen....have you tried using the free online charting software at www.fertilityfriend.com? Great site with a nice tutorial on charting, etc. Also loads of information on fertility, etc.

If you are temping after three hrs of sleep consistently at the same time every day, and they are still very very low, you should talk to your doc. Extremely low temps can be a sign of thyroid issues.

Good luck to you!
Old 12-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #5
Mrs.Rusty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bootygold - thank you so much. I had my thyroid checked about 10 years ago and really never thought of it again. wow it is something I should have thought of I've also had some recent unexplained weight gain that I just figured was stress. Need to try and squeeze and MD appointment in for me soon.
I have never heard of Fertility friends web site and I will be sure to check it out. I bought a few books about natural family planning and Fertility awareness method they all came with charting templates in them. I couldn't chart on any of the charts the books came with so I tried looking on-line (I think I just googled it) and had the same problem.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #6
tburchar
Registered Users

My Mood:

fertilityfriend.com is a great charting website and it allows you to print off your charts to bring to the doctors office, which is nice. Be sure to take your temp the same exact time each morning. I do mine at 5:30am, and personally notice a huge change in temp if I take it earlier or later than that.

Stress can also be a huge factor in fertility. It sounds like you could easily have plenty of it given the two problems in health you listed. Doubt the painkillers taken that long ago would have much to do with your issues. Good luck with TTC

with our precious 1st baby after our first round of clomid! (due Dec. 17th)

tburchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:29 AM   #7
Mrs.Rusty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did check out fertilityfriend.com (thank you for showing it to me) and the lowest temp on the charts is 97.5. I can't chart on those since my BT is much lower than that. it hasn't been an operator error that I can't chart on any of the temp sections, it's the fact that they expect BT to be higher than mine is. Your BT is the lowest temperature attained by the body during rest. Most of the time my temp during the day is under 97.5 hmm I've yet to see one where you can change the temperature parameters.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #8
Sonoran Bloom
Registered Users

The charts on FF plot to whatever you type in. The parameters adjust automatically to whatever you are plotting. does that make sense? Try it out, I am sure it will work for you. and welcome!

ETA - the lowest my temp has been was 96.1 and it plotted it just fine. This month, I have no temps plotted (other data is put in though) and the parameters shown are 95.9 - 96.7. It will adjust to your needs.

Last edited by Sonoran Bloom; 12-14-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Sonoran Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:08 AM   #9
aerobebe1421
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootyGold View Post
Sorry for your struggles

I'm not sure what you mean your temps are too low to be put on any of the charts you've seen....have you tried using the free online charting software at www.fertilityfriend.com? Great site with a nice tutorial on charting, etc. Also loads of information on fertility, etc.

If you are temping after three hrs of sleep consistently at the same time every day, and they are still very very low, you should talk to your doc. Extremely low temps can be a sign of thyroid issues.

Good luck to you!
Yes to all of that!

Fertilityfriend.com is an awesome resource. I also recommend jumping in on the ATTS (Addicted to the Stick) daily threads. The women on there are AMAZING and full of tons of info!

Definitely get your thyroid checked, too, to rule out thyroid issues as that can hinder fertility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Rusty View Post
I did check out fertilityfriend.com (thank you for showing it to me) and the lowest temp on the charts is 97.5. I can't chart on those since my BT is much lower than that. it hasn't been an operator error that I can't chart on any of the temp sections, it's the fact that they expect BT to be higher than mine is. Your BT is the lowest temperature attained by the body during rest. Most of the time my temp during the day is under 97.5 hmm I've yet to see one where you can change the temperature parameters.
I'm not sure what you mean by the chart only letting you input temps above 97.5?? It should adjust automatically? If you look at my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26994b you'll see that I also have low body temps. (down to 96.2* at the lowest I recorded). My normal body temp during the day sits in the 97's as well.
expecting someone new 11.14
aerobebe1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:10 AM   #10
aerobebe1421
Registered Users
seller

Oh, and best of luck on your TTC journey!!
expecting someone new 11.14
aerobebe1421 is offline   Reply With Quote