Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
allisoninfl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
is this heat rash? in Dec?

My DD has this heart shaped rash on her back. It's little raised red bumps...like the heat rash I sometimes get in summertime. It was fairly warm today (upper 70s), but rainy, so she was dressed in a longsleeve shirt and leggings. I don't think she was dressed too warmly...? There's a clear spot on her back between her shoulder blades where the shirt has like a keyhole opening. The shirt was 100% cotton, and she's worn it before with no problems, so I don't think it's anything to do with the shirt. We noticed it while we were at church tonight, and it looked real bad tonight before her bath, but it's a lot less red now after her bath. Does that sound like heat rash to you? Or do you think it could be from something else? She's not acting fussy or sick otherwise. I will probably call her pedi in the morning...

Advertisement

Old 12-13-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
TuthGuru
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: is this heat rash? in Dec?

hmmm, could be so many different things. the main thing is that she isn't having any other symptoms. nothing respiratory, no temperature, not fussy or ill.

since that's the case i'd do just what you said- wait til morning and call the doc if it hasn't resolved itself.

if you want to post a pic someone may be able to better pinpoint the origin.

TuthGuru is offline   Reply With Quote