Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
always a huge battle to get 51/2 y to clean room

my ds is 5 1/2 and getting him to clean up the messes he has made in his room is just another huge battle. Im lost on what to do. i can ask over and over in a nice tone for him to clean up but he does not. it turns into a fight every time and i dont want it to. however im not ready to just let it go because he doesnt want to clean it up. its his toys and he is old enough to be responsible for those toys. its expected of him at school. he follows all rules at school. but at home he blocks out when we are talking to him. any suggestions? to i take them all away? and the fact that he is so difient right before christmas is driving me crazy. any ideas would be great!!!

Sandra, SAHM to Ashton Kaine (04) andSierra Jewell (07)and our two angels in heaven. Miss you!
Hudson Grae is here!!!! Nov 7th!
ashtonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: always a huge battle to get 51/2 y to clean room

I have huge battles with dd#2 (5yrs old) about that as well. She seems to get overwhelmed and not know what to do first. I have to sit in her room and direct her, one thing at a time, on what to put away. I've tried just listing an order in which to put things away, but it doesn't work . So I sit in there with her as it's easier than having a fight. My other two (7 and 3 yrs old) do fine on their own, but sometimes a little bribe works to get things done faster .
SAHM to Lena Bena (1-02), Claire Bear (11-04), Con Man (12-06 and Trickster (5-09)
mamoo3 is offline   Reply With Quote